Feed Pelletizing market is mainly driven by the advantages of pelleted feed such as higher feed intake and weight gain of animals. Market is further expanded with more evidences of enhanced performance of animals due to pelleted feed. Pelleted feed is also proven as easy to digest in many animals as the process breaks many long chain molecules. Ease of handling and transportation aids the market to grow further. Pelletizing agents are added to feed during the processing stage. They bond the feed together in a required size and shape to form a pellet.
Population has been growing, as population grows there are more mouths to feed which is increasing the demand of protein especially animal protein. To meet the market demands, farmers were pressurized to increase animal production. Pelleted feed helped them to achieve significant results. Presently, every type of feed with high and low quality is available in the form of pellets. In most of the cases it is also proven that the pelletizing costs are easily overcome by the pelleted feed effect on animals with high improvements in performance. High costs involved in processing the feed to pellet form are barricading the growth of the market. Moreover, unfavorable climatic conditions have also led to rise in cost of raw materials.
Performance of animals is improved with a pelleted feed and followed by higher amount of water intake as the pelleted feed is of low moisture. This helps to improve the digestibility and feed intake. Moreover, moisture levels in the feed needs to be controlled as high levels lead to fungal growth and bacterial contamination. Growing awareness about the efficiency of product in developing regions has created an opportunity for the growth of the market.
Natural feed pelletizing agents are the dominating products in the market. They are favored by the farmers, due to growing demand for naturally derived products. Regulations against synthetic products have created an opportunity for natural products to spur the growth of market. Lignin has the major market share in the feed pelletizing agents market. It is a natural polymer extracted from the plant pulp. It is rich in wood and low in straw. When lignin is treated with high temperature and pressure, it softens and binds to the raw material, thus to form into the shape of pellet. As the pellets come out of the pellet machines, the lignin will be cooled down and then enable the pellets to become firm and compact. High binding capacity of lignin has driven the market. Dietary inclusion of wheat can increase pellet durability, due to high protein and hemi-cellulose content of it. Wheat takes significant share as pelletizing agent.
Fish feed is mostly preferred as pellet form as they float in water for a long time, which is easy for fish to digest and absorb. This makes the fish feed to hold a considerable share in the market. Moreover, Pet and horse feeds are seen significantly in pelleted forms, as they have long shelf life and comparatively cheaper than wet food. All these factors have driven the market for pelletizing agents to explore in coming 5 years.
Even though pelletizing originated in western world in 1930s, developing countries take a major market share in feed pelletizing agents market. China leads the industry in manufacturing pelletizing agents as the ingredients, labor, and land available at a cheaper cost. North America and Europe are competing for major share in the market.
Some of the players in feed pelletizing agents market are BASF, Borregaard LignoTech, Uniscope Inc, AlAsia Chemical and Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC. Some firms have international presence and some are restricted to their home countries. Many firms are actively undertaking expansion and are reaching new markets. Expansions and Acquisitions form the major strategies of the companies in the market. Major firms also have active Research & Development teams to innovate new products.
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
- Analysis for the Global Feed Pelletizing Agent Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale
- Segment-level analysis in terms of application and end-user demand
- Forecasts and estimations for the sub-segment level market
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale
- Identification and analysis of the exogenous and endogenous factors such as macro and microeconomic variables that affect the Global Feed Pelletizing Agent Market on both global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of key players along with their share of markets
- A comprehensive analysis of recent organic and inorganic developments in the market by the major companies, and strategic benchmarking of developments
Scope of the Study:
- Comprehensive overview of the worldwide Feed Pelletizing Agent Market
- Competitive intelligence regarding the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them
- Insights about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identifies the regions which are untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1.1 Increasing Demand for meat & meat products
3.1.2 High feed intake & weight gain
3.1.3 Ease of handling
3.1.4 Increasing Shelf life
3.2.1 Low awareness about pelleted feed
3.2.2 Cost Processing involved in pellets manufacturing
3.2.3 Need for additional feed
3.3.1 Increasing Cost of natural feeds
3.3.2 Increasing Demand for pelletized feed
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
3.4.6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
4. By Type
4.2 By Animal Type
4.2.5 Pet food
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
4.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Major Strategies adopted by Companies
5.3 Most active companies in the past five years
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Uniscope Inc
6.2 Borregaard LignoTech
6.3 Prince Agri Products Inc
6.4 Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC
6.5 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.6 Cra-Vac Industries Inc
6.10 Ashapura Group
6.11 Brenntag Group
6.12 Pure Lignin
6.13 Flambeau River Papers
6.14 Meriden Animal Health
6.15 AlAsia Chemical