There are numerous technological advancements like the cloud, M2M, social media, etc. adopted by various shipping companies, thus increasing the data volumes generated. To manage that the data get insights, lowering the operating costs and improving business performance, there has been a need for software and services. This has led to the global waterway transportation software solutions and services market.
The waterway transportation software solutions and services market is gaining traction due to the rising popularity of containerization. With the opening up of new water bodies like canals and river ports that are well-connected with rail and road transports, the waterway transportation market has expanded, thus increasing the demand for the adoption of software solutions and services. The increasing concerns over piracy and other shipping accidents have also persuaded the shipping companies to consider solutions, thus contributing to the growth of the market. However, the lack of awareness of various advantages offered by this market and the unwillingness of small shipping companies to adopt new methods and advancements in transportation hamper the growth of the market. Lack of standardization of equipment and various environmental laws and policies introduced by the government also act as restraints for this market. But the growing demand from African and BRICS countries and expansion of sea routes lead to various opportunities in this market.
Based on our study, the global waterway transportation software solutions and services market is segmented by solutions offered, services provided, deployment models, end-users, and geography. Warehousing, vessel tracking, freight security, yard management, ship broker software, maritime software, audit and claim software are the major solutions offered in this market. The services segment is further sub-segmented by managed services, consulting & customization services and training services. On-premise, hosted, and hybrid are the sub-segments under the deployment type segment. The key end-users of this market include retail, oil & gas, industrial & manufacturing, energy & mining, aviation & defense, construction, chemicals, healthcare (life sciences), food & beverages, etc. The regions covered in the study include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa.
Based on our study, it is also observed that some players are driving the market with their various strategies of mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and collaborations to maintain their competitive edge. The key players identified in this market include:
- Aljex Software Inc.
- Bass Software Ltd.
- Descartes Systems Group
- GNV GL (GL Maritime Software GmbH)
- High Jump Software Inc.
- SAP SE
- Trans - I Technologies Inc.
- Venson Nautical Corporation
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market definition global waterway transportation software solutions and services market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global waterway transportation software solutions and services market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global waterway transportation software solutions and services market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Populairty in Containerization
4.2.2 Rise in Technological Advancements Adaption
4.2.3 Emergence of New Ports and various trade agreements
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Reluctance to adopt new technologies especially small shipping companies
4.3.2 Government Environmental laws and Policies
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Subsitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market - Segmented by Type of Solution
5.1 Audit and Claim Software
5.2 Vessel Tracking & Freight Security Software
5.3 Warehousing and Yard Management Software
5.4 Maritime Software
6. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market - Segmented by Services
6.1 Managed Services
6.2 Consulting and customization service
6.3 Training Services
7. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market - Segmented by Deployment Type
7.1 On Premise
8. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market - Segmented by End User
8.2 Commercial & Industrial
8.4 Oil & Gas
8.5 Energy & Mining
8.6 Aviation & Defense
8.9 Healtcare (Life Sciences and Pharmaceticals)
8.10 Food & Beverages
9. Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market - Segmented by Region
9.1 North America
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Landscape - Vendor Market Share Analysis
11. Key Vendor Profiles
11.1 SAP SE
11.4 Venson Nautical Corporation
11.5 GNV GL ( GL Maritime Software GMBH)
11.6 Aljex Software Inc
11.7 Descartes Systems Group
11.8 High Jump Software Inc
11.9 Trans - I Technologies Inc
11.10 Bass Software Ltd
12. Future Trends and Oppurtunities in Global Waterway Transportation Software Solutions Market
12.1 Expansion and Opening of better sea routes
12.2 Growing Demand from African and BRICS regions