The global PET packaging market estimated at USD 53.96 billion in 2015, is expected to reach USD 71.14 billion, at a projected CAGR of 5.68%, over the forecast period. PET bottles and containers find applications in a variety of industries like alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceutical products, soft drinks etc. Manufacturers like them due to their safety, strength, versatile nature and transparency. Customers like them as they are lightweight, resealable, shatter-resistant and recyclable.
The market is driven by increasing population and per-capita income, which drive the food and beverage industry; awareness of waste reduction by use of recyclable materials, adoption of PET bottles and containers in pharmaceuticals; and also the growing conscience about environment friendly materials, leading alcohol manufacturers (mostly beer) to shift from glass bottles to PET bottles. However, the market is constrained by varying price of raw materials and lack of appropriate recycling infrastructure.
Based on fill technology, cold fill technology dominates the market as it finds application in most beverage packaging. The market is further segmented by end-industry (food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, personal care and cosmetics industry, industrial goods and consumer durables etc.), packaging type (rigid packaging, flexible packaging etc.) and regionally.
Key Industry Players
The key players in the industry mentioned in the report include:
- Resilux NV
- Gerresheimar AG
- GTX Hanex Plastic
- CCL Industries
- Berry Plastic Group
- Huhtamaki Groups
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the global PET packaging market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global PET packaging market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of The Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market size and Forecast
4.3 Industry value chain analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 forces of analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining power of consumers
4.4.3 Threat from new entrants
4.4.4 Threat from substitute products
4.4.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
4.5 Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11 Increasing population and per-capita incomes
18.104.22.168 Increased demand for recycleable plastics
22.214.171.124 Adoption in pharmeceutical industry
126.96.36.199 Adoption of plastics in alchoholic beverages ( beer)
188.8.131.52 Irregular pricing of raw materials
184.108.40.206 Lack of recycling infrastructure
5. Global Market - Segmented by filling technology
5.1 Hot fill
5.2 Cold fill
5.3 Aseptic fill
5.4 High vaccum gravity
5.5 Low vaccum gravity
5.6 Positive Pressure
6. Global Market - Segmented by application/industry
6.1 Food & Beverage
6.3 Personal care and cosmetic industry
6.4 Industrial goods and consumer durables
7. Global Market - segmented by packaging type
7.1 Rigid packaging
7.2 Flexible packaging
8. Global Market - Segmented by Geography
8.1 North America
8.3 Asia - Pacific
8.3.5 New Zealand
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Africa and Middle East
8.5.1 South Africa
8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
9. Vendor Market Share
10. Competitive analysis - Company Profiles
10.3 Resilux NV
10.4 Gerresheimar AG
10.5 GTX Hanex Plastic
10.7 CCL Industries
10.8 Berry Plastics Group
10.9 Huhtamaki group
11. Future of Global PET Packagingmarket