Security robots are mainly employed in defense, security, border patrolling, surveillance, inspection, homeland security, law enforcement, etc. Due to the reliability and quality offered by these robots, military and defense forces all over the world are moving towards these unmanned solutions. These robots are specifically designed to take abuse and save lives by replacing humans in harsh and dangerous environments. These systems are also used for bomb detection, rescue operations, safe transportations, and other intrusion systems.
The rising and ongoing geopolitical instabilities and conflicts such as the crisis in West Sahel, gun violence in the US, unrest in Syria, Mexico's drug war, Europe refugee crisis and disputes in East & South China are increasing the adoption of unmanned solutions, thus driving the security robots market. Recently, a start-up named Knightscope has released a human-sized robot for monitoring and patrolling in corporate & college campuses, shopping malls, and schools. However, there is a lot of scope for development in this segment. A recent development is a humanoid, which is anticipated to give remarkable results in the defense sector due to its speed, agility, and reliability.
In our study, for better understanding, the market has been segmented by types of robots, applications, and geography. Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) and unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV) are the sub-segments observed in the type of robots segment of the market. UAVs are expected to have the highest market share because of their extensive use, especially by NATO alliances and US defense services to keep an eye on any suspicious activity. In addition to this, UUVs are expected to have the highest market growth rate during the forecast period because of the increasing focus on undersea warfare. The various application segments observed in our study are spying, rescuing operations, patrolling & surveillance, fire fighting, and others. Security robots are majorly used by defense organizations for spying purposes to gain proper intelligence and thus, have the upper hand on the opposition activities.
The geographical segmentation includes North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to have the highest market share because of the use of advanced technologies for its extensive contingency operations in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. Increasing budget allocation in the APAC region is fuelling the market's growth in this region.
The key companies in the market are:
- Aerovironment Inc.
- BAE Systems PLC
- Boston Dynamics
- Elbit Systems Limited
- Finmeccanica Inc.
- iRobot Corporation
- Knight Scope
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Kongsberg Gruppen
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Recon Robotics
- Robot Security Systems
- Thales SA
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market definition for the global security robots market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global security robots market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global security robots market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definiton
1.3 Market Scope
1.4 Key Market Highlights
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Ongoing and Rising Geopolitical Instabilities and Conflicts - Increased Spending in Defense by nations
4.2.2 Increasing Autonomous Operations
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Regulatory Issues pertaining to several regions
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.4.5 Threat of New Entrants
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Sensors (Proximity, Position, Light etc)
5.2 Surveillence systems (Cameras, CCTVs etc)
5.3 Controller Systems
5.4 Navigation Systems
5.5 Power Systems
6. Global Security Robots Market : Market Segmentation - Trends, Analysis, Size and Forecast
6.1 Global Market - Segmented By Type
6.1.1 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
6.1.2 Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
6.1.3 Unmanned Water Vehicles (UWV)
6.2 Global Market - Segmented By Applications
6.2.2 Rescuing Operations
6.2.3 Patrolling & Surveillance
6.2.4 Fire Fighting
6.3 Global Market - Segmented By Geography
22.214.171.124 South Korea
6.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
6.3.3 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
6.3.5 Latin America
7. Global Security Robots Market : Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Lockheed Martin Corporation
8.2 Northrop Grumman Corporation
8.3 Thales SA
8.4 BAE Systems Plc
8.5 Elbit Systems Limited
8.6 Finmeccanica Inc
8.7 Aerovironment Inc
8.8 Knight Scope
8.10 Recon Robotics
8.11 Boston Dynamics
8.13 Kongsberg Gruppen
8.15 iRobot Corporation
8.17 Robot Security Systems
9. Future Trends and Oppurtunities of Global Security Robots Market