FSS systems provide coverage of up to several square miles with minimal overlapping of another FSS system's coverage area allowing users to communicate, with multiple FSS systems as they travel, without losing reception or connection. FSS systems handle communications for all the cell phones and televisions in a specific area including cell phone calls, text messages, television signals, videos, images and other types of files that can be sent or received using standard GSM signals. High investment costs are considered as a major restraint for this market that can be eliminated with the facility of transponder leasing agreements, which in turn drives the market. The satellites providing FSS require low power output and larger dish antenna for reception. Organizations are increasingly spending on various services such as telecom/voice backhaul, broadcast and content delivery, broadband and enterprise connectivity, emergency services, military communications, etc., driving the market for FSS systems.
FSS eliminates transit charges and provides high speed of initiation, which will multiply the growth of the market. Additionally, it provides high performance, reliability and cost effective structure reliability creating a positive impact on market growth. Furthermore, the increase in the number of broadband subscribers and HDTV channels along with the acceleration of DTH TV platforms is expected to flourish the FSS market. Increasing demand for corporate enterprise networks and consumer broadband combined with the need for high-throughput connectivity in oil & gas sector are expected to be the key drivers of the market. The growth in the use of high throughput satellite (HTS) for broadband communication, which deals with frequency reuse and onboard processing coupled with double throughput ability than a traditional FSS, is expected to boost the market. However, increasing competition from fiber-optic transmission cable networks and high capital investment are the major restraints for the growth of FSS market. Also, restricted orbital locations and defiance related to the deployment of the application, requiring the precarious role of ground station equipment vendors, could hinder the FSS market. On the other hand, governmental regulations are likely to create a positive impact on the FSS market.
In this report, the global FSS market is segmented into service type, organization size, end users and geography. The geographical coverage in this study includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Even though the FSS market is highly regulated in North America, the increasing use of Ka-band to better serve the needs of end users is driving the market prominently in North America. Due to the presence of large customer base along with the increase in a number of subscribers for both broadband and DTH platforms, Asia Pacific and MEA are expected to have the highest growth opportunities.
Some of the key players observed for this market under our study include:
- Embratel's Star One
- Eutelsat Communications
- Intesat S.A.
- Nigerian Communication Satellites
- SES S.A
- Singapore Telecommunication Ltd (Singtel)
- SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings
- Telenor Satellite Broadcasting
- Telsat Holdings
- Thaicom Public Company
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market definition global fixed satellite services market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global fixed satellite services market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global fixed satellite services market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increase in the Broadband and DTH subscriptions
4.2.2 Increasing demand for corporate enterprise networks and consumer broadband
4.2.3 Need for high-throughput connectivity in oil & gas sector
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Competition from Fibre Optic Transmission Cables
4.3.2 Limited Orbital Locations and Regulatory Constraints
4.3.3 Requirement of High Capital Investment
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Model
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Subsitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. Global Fixed Satellite Services Market - Segmented by Services
5.1 Broadband & Enterprise Network
5.2 TV Channel Broadcast
5.3 Video Support & Delivery
5.4 Trunking & Backhaul
5.5 Managed FSS
5.6 Wholesale FSS
6. Global Fixed Satellite Services Market - Segmented by Organization Size
6.1 Small Offices and Home Offices
6.2 Small & Medium businesses (SMB)
6.3 Large Enterprises
7. Global Fixed Satellite Services Market - Segmented by End User
7.1 Media & Entertainment
7.4 IT & Communications
7.6 Oil & Gas
7.7 Aerospace & Defense
8. Global Fixed Satellite Services Market - Segmented by Region
8.1 North America
8.3 Asia Pacific
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
9. Competitive Landscape - Vendor Market Share Analysis
10. Key Vendor Profiles
10.1 Embratel's Star One
10.2 Eutelsat Communications
10.3 Telsat Holdings
10.4 SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings
10.5 Thaicom Public Company
10.6 Nigerian Communications Satellites
10.7 Telenor Satellite Broadcasting
10.8 Singapore Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel)
10.9 SES S.A
10.12 Intesat S.A
11. Future Trends and Oppurtunities in Global Smart Highway Market
11.1 Increased Use of HTS for Broadband Connectivity
11.2 Growth in Ka-Band Services