The last few decades have seen tremendous advances in technology, leading to the production of advanced materials, products, and processes that are complex and capital-intensive. Consumer demand for high-tech products like curved TVs, driverless cars, smartphones, wearables, automated devices, etc. is impelling manufacturers to produce sophisticated products that are efficient and durable. The advanced products like smartphones that can perform multiple functions like calculation, image capture, email, calling, video play pack, etc. are made of multiple small components like a microprocessor, capacitor, camera, etc. Thus, it becomes imperative for manufacturers to ensure that all these work in sync. Failure analysis helps to ensure the reliability of components and devices such as these. Development of innovative materials, production techniques and product designs are compelling the adoption of failure analysis techniques for new product development to ensure product reliability and efficiency. Companies investing in capital-intensive industrial equipment desire to have machinery that has a long life and does not need repairs; thus, manufacturing companies opt for techniques like failure analysis to ensure a greater return on investment.
Based on the type of testing employed, the market is segmented into Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), materials testing, chemical testing, physical testing, metallurgical testing, and electronic component failure analysis. Products are reusable post application of NDT techniques and are commonly used if the flaw is difficult to detect in other product samples and usually used before any destructive tests are performed. Based on the techniques used for testing, the market is segmented into Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FEMA), failure modes, effects & criticality analysis, destructive physical analysis, physics of failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), sneak circuit analysis, common mode failure analysis, and software failure analysis.
Based on application, the failure analysis market is segmented mainly into oil & gas, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and processing, automotive & transportation, construction, and telecommunication. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. The major players in the market are seen to be expanding their existing portfolio of testing services by test and sectors.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Exova Group PLC
- Intertek Group PLC
- Raytheon Company
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the failure analysis market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the failure analysis market on a global scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is growing and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Increasing complexity of advanced process and products
5.2.2 Increase in sophisticated capital intensive goods
5.2.3 Innovation in materials, design and production methods
5.3 Market Restraints
6. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.3 Degree of Competition
6.4 Threat of Substitution
6.5 Threat of New Entrants
7. Value Chain Analysis
8. Failure Analysis Market Segmentation
8.1 By Testing
8.1.2 Materials Testing
8.1.3 Chemical Testing
8.1.4 Mechanical Testing
8.1.5 Physical Testing
8.1.6 Metallurgical Testing
8.1.7 Electronic Component Failure Analysis
8.2 By Technique
8.2.1 Failure Modes Effect Analysis(FMEA)
8.2.2 Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis(FMECA)
8.2.3 Functional Failure Analysis
8.2.4 Destructive Physical Analysis
8.2.5 Physics of Failure Analysis
8.2.6 Fault Tree Analysis(FTA)
8.2.7 Sneak Circuit Analysis
8.2.8 Common-Mode Failure Analysis
8.2.9 Software Failure Analysis
8.3 By Product
8.3.1 Transmission Electron Microscope
8.3.2 Focussed Ion Beam Systems
8.3.3 Scanning Electron Microscopy
8.3.4 Dual Beam Systems
8.4 By Application
8.4.1 Material Science
8.4.2 Industrial & Electronics
8.4.3 Fiber Optics
8.5 By End-User Industry
8.5.1 Oil and Gas
8.5.2 Aerospace and Defense
8.5.3 Maunufacturing and Processing
8.5.4 Automotive and Transportation
9. Failure Analysis Market Segmentation - By Region - Market Size in USD billion 2016-2021
9.1 North America
9.4 Rest of the World
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Investment Opportunities
11. Company Profiles
11.2 Intertek Group PLC
11.3 Raytheon Company
11.4 Exova Group PLC
11.5 Raytheon Company
11.6 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
11.7 Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
11.8 Tessolve Semiconductor Pvt Ltd
11.9 Knighthawk Engineering, Inc
11.10 Teseda Corporation
11.11 IMR Test Labs
12. Future of Failure Analysis Market