Flash storage providers are aiming to provide an overall cost-effective experience to customers through advanced compression techniques. The current global market for enterprise flash storage is at USD 500 million and is expected to reach USD 1.6 billion by the end of 2016, at an astounding CAGR of close to 60%. This rapid growth is being driven by cost-reducing technological innovation. Over the past four years, the cost of flash memory per gigabyte has dropped by 30%, resulting in more companies opting for flash memory for their high-performance storage needs.
Although organizations continuously seek high-performance tools to increase their overall efficiency, cost is the single major issue that IT departments face when it comes to overhauling their infrastructure.
The report provides a deep insight into the strategies of the key market players and gives a broad overview of the flash market, including market share and applications across various industry segments. Key players in the industry such as EMC, NetApp, Oracle and Pure Storage, currently hold over 90% of the present flash storage market. At present, North America is the dominant market for flash storage with most of the technology companies headquartered in this region. However, APAC is growing twice as fast as North America with its huge trove of cheap skilled workforce.
The factors driving this market are:
- The impact of various business accelerators
- The growing need for devices that perform better
The factors restraining this market are:
- Product-related compatibility issues and the optimum storage performance
- Cost-benefits are also a matter of question in this case as flash is more expensive than the disk-based equivalent
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Enterprise flash storage - redefining storage capabilities market overview with its applications in the industry and information on drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors responsible for changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Outline
1.3 Key Findings
1.4 Executive Summary
2. Technology Snapshot and Trends
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Current Technology Trends
2.5 Growth Prospects
3. Drivers and Restraints
3.1 Driving Forces
3.2 Impact of Business Accelerators
3.4 Impact of Business challenges
4. Investment Analysis
4.1 Investor Networks
4.2 Funding Patterns and Details
4.3 Expectations for the Future
5. Market Applications by Industry Segment
5.1 IT industry
6. Market Segmentation by Region
6.1 North America
6.4 Middle East and Africa
6.5 Latin America
7. Market Share
7.1 Market Share by Region
7.2 Market Share by Companies
8. Stakeholder Analysis
8.1 Pure Storage
8.2 Virident Systems
8.3 Violin Memory
8.8 Nimble Storage
8.10 Skyera Inc
8.11 Tegile Systems
8.12 Western Digital
8.15 Fusion IO
9. Market Scenario
9.1 Competitive Landscape
9.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
9.3 Key Industry Figures
10. Key Patents