North America held a lion share of 33.08% in 2015 with an estimated value of USD 1.973 billion and is estimated to reach USD 4.724 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 34.3% over the forecast period. Canada shall witness the fastest growth rate at 35.66% over the forecast period.
Manufacturing has made impressive progress in North America in the form of connected devices and data flow. Analytics and IoT technologies are being considered by manufacturers as a part of their business. Smart sensors are being used in the U.S. as a form of collecting and using data to enhance operating processes and strengthening security. Many verticals are beginning to deploy devices to gain a greater situational awareness of their operations. According to a recent survey, North America had more than 1291 incidents of theft in 2015, affecting 450 million records; an increase by 10% from 2014. The U.S. had the highest number of breaches in 2015 accounting more than 1200 incidents and Canada came in second with 55 breaches affecting more than 38 million records.
Security & vulnerability management solutions in the healthcare industry are growing as it helps in cutting down frauds. The United States healthcare industry is largely operated by private sector businesses. Deployment of solutions has proved their worth, since medical data is a hot target in cyber crime. IoT platform created by the state department controlling sensors and energy is used across 22,000 buildings around the world. North America will drive home automation growth with the possibility of cutting down prices of smart homes steered by the scale of economies. The main factors hampering home automation in North America are the operating & maintenance costs, installation, ability to link dissimilar systems and internet security.
The market for North America IoT security is segmented by type of security, into network, endpoint, application, cloud etc.; by solutions into IAM, network security forensics, IPS, DLP, UTM, SVM etc.; and by applications into home automation, wearable, MPM, PIM, SCO, CIS etc. The major verticals adding value to the market are BFSI, retail, manufacturing, government, utilities, healthcare etc. The market for North America IoT security is segmented regionally into the United States, Canada, and others.
Key Market Players
Prominent players in the market include:
- Symantec Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Fire Eye Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- Market definition for the North America IoT security market along with identification of key drivers and restraints to the market.
- Market analysis of the North America IoT security market, with country-specific assessments.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and in offering prospective opportunities.
- Identification of key companies, which can influence the market on regional scales.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America IoT security market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Findings of the Study
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
3.4 Industry Policies
4. Market Dynamics
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Technology Overview
5.2 Ongoing Developments
6. North America IoT Security Market Segmentation (Size, Trends and Forecasts)
6.1 By Type of Security
6.1.1 Network Security
6.1.2 Endpoint Security
6.1.3 Application Security
6.1.4 Cloud Security
6.2 By Solutions
6.2.1 Identity Access Management (IAM)
6.2.2 Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
6.2.3 Data Loss Protection (DLP)
6.2.4 Unified Threat Management (UTM)
6.2.5 Security & Vulnerability Management (SVM)
6.2.6 Network Security Forensics (NSF)
6.3 By Applications
6.3.1 Home Automation
6.3.3 Manufacturing Process Management
6.3.4 Patient Information Management
6.3.5 Supply Chain Operation
6.3.6 Customer Information Security
6.4 By Verticals
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 United States
7. Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies, Financials and Recent Developments)
8.1 Symantec Corporation
8.2 IBM Corporation
8.3 FireEye Inc.
8.4 Intel Corporation
8.5 Infineon Technologies
8.6 Trend Micro Inc.
8.7 Sophos Group PLC
8.8 ARM Holdings PLC
8.9 Wurldtech Security Technologies Inc.
8.10 Gemalto NV
9. Investment Scenario
9.1 Investment Outlook
9.2 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10. Future of North America IoT Security Market