The global sports analytics market valued at USD 83.56 million in 2015 is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 39.86% to reach USD 447.23 million by 2020. Sports analytics help sports teams to improve in various aspects like game strategies, analyzing data, player performance, and team performance. According to recent reports, the usage of analytics in sports like baseball has increased to more than 90%, football more than 50%, basketball more than 75%. Analytics platform has a mere penetration of 20% and shall witness substantial growth in the future.
This market is driven by added emphasis on data and technology advancement. However, high costs, the requirement of a new team for analytics, and lack of awareness about the effectiveness of analytics in sports in developing countries may act as roadblocks to the market.
The sports analytics market is segmented on the basis of application (data analysis, player evaluation, video analysis, team performance analysis, health assessment, business management etc.), deployment (cloud and on-premise), and type of sport (basketball, football, cricket, baseball, tennis, hockey etc.).
North America occupies the largest consumer base in the world, followed by Europe. There are immense potential and opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region as the acceptance rate of analytics in sports have been increasing and due to the rapid growth of emerging technologies.
Key Industry Players
This report describes a detailed study of Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will affect the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers including:
- Tru Media Network
- STATS LLC
- Oracle Corporation
- Market definition for sports analytics along with identification of key drivers and restraints of the market.
- Market analysis for the sports analytics market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the sports analytics market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
3. Key Findings
4. Executive Summary
5. Sports Analytics - Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Framework
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5.3.1 More Emphasis on Data
5.3.2 Technology Advancement
5.4.1 High Costs
5.4.2 Lack of Awareness
6. Market Segmentation
7. By Application
7.1 Data Analysis
7.2 Player Evaluation
7.3 Video Analysis
7.4 Business Management
7.5 Team Performance Analysis
7.6 Health Assessment
8. By Deployment
9. By Type of Sport
10. By Region
10.1 North America
10.4 Latin America
10.5 Middle East and Africa
11. Competitive Landscape - Key Company Profiles
11.5 TruMedia Network
11.6 STATS LLC
11.8 Oracle Corporation
12. Investment Analysis
12.1 Investor Outlook
12.2 Recent Mergers & Acquistions
13. Future Outlook of Global Sports Analytics Market