The drivers of the market are the advancements in R&D causing increased innovation in recent years, and demand for a market that incorporates high technology and design in daily living. The increased demand from consumer electronics and fitness & healthcare sectors are also major drivers. The increased purchasing power in the developing countries and the advent of startup culture is expected to drive the global smart wearables market significantly. The restraints of this technology, though few, are significant in the role they play in affecting the market size. Data security concerns, higher costs of production, funding, marketing and limitations of a niche audience (which makes the technology a luxury product) are some of the prominent restraints of the market. The absence of good battery life is another issue that all major smart wearable makers need to look into.
The global smart wearables market is segmented on the basis of product type (wrist wears, eye wears, foot wears, neck wears, body wears and textile products, and others), applications (fitness and healthcare, general consumer electronics, gaming and recreational, corporate and industrial applications, research and development applications, military and intelligence and others) , technology used (sensing, display, computing, communication and networking, speech and pattern recognition technology, memory and storage technology and others), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World).
Some of the major players discussed in this report are:
A few startups are also profiled in the report, which includes:
- Engage Biomechanics
- Impakt Protective
- Push Design Solutions
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the global smart wearables market, along with identification of key drivers, restraints and opportunities for the market.
- Market analysis for the global smart wearables market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global smart wearables market on the global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research methodology
3. Executive summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry value chain analysis
4.3 Porter's five forces analysis
4.3.1 Industry competition
4.3.2 Potential of new entrants
4.3.3 Power of suppliers
4.3.4 Power of customers
4.3.5 Threat of substitute products
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Increasing popularity for Internet Of Things
5.2.2 Increasing purchasing power In developing countries
5.2.3 Growth of start-up culture
5.2.4 Popularity of fitness and healthcare tracking wearables
5.2.5 High demand from consumer electronics and healthcare
5.3.1 Data privacy
5.3.2 Low battery capacity
5.3.3 High cost of production
5.3.4 Insufficient fundings
5.4.1 The IoT's rising popularity and its huge potential
6. Technology Snapshot
7. Market segmentation
7.1 By Product Type
7.1.5 Body wears and Textile products
7.2 By Applications
7.2.1 Fitness and Healthcare
7.2.2 General Consumer Electronics
7.2.3 Gaming and Recreational
7.2.4 Corporate and Industrial Applications
7.2.5 Research and Development applications
7.2.6 Military and intelligence
7.3 By Technology
7.3.1 Sensing Technology
7.3.2 Display Technology
7.3.3 Computing Technology
7.3.4 Communication and Networking technology
7.3.5 Speech and Pattern recognition technology
7.3.6 Memory and storage technology
7.4 By Geography
7.4.1 North America
7.4.3 Asia Pacific
7.4.4 Latin America
7.4.5 Middle East & Africa
8. Vendor market share analysis
9. Competitive intelligence- Company profiles
9.6 Sony Electronics
10. Investment analysis
10.1 Recent mergers and acquisitions
10.2 Investment scenario and opportunities
11. Future of Smart Wearables Market