In the recent years, this technologies were highly used to prosecute different types of crimes ranging from child pornography to credit card frauds. Cyber-attacks, industrial espionage, information security breaches, identity fraud, financial fraud and many other illegal activities leave a digital fingerprint which can be used by highly skilled investigators to trace the origin of the attack. The process of collection and extracting is a very delicate process. Highly specialized tools and techniques are used to take the data with a write blocker so as to not tamper with the evidence.
The requirement for this industry is growing in courts because of the phenomenal increase in the use of electronic devices. The need for digital forensics is increasing in every region because of the growing number of attacks on the government and private company networks.
The most common application of digital forensics is in both criminal and private investigation. An example for this could be following up an unauthorized network intrusion. A specialist forensic examination into the nature and extent of the attack is performed as a damage limitation exercise. Digital forensics could be used to both easily establish the extent of this intrusion and identify the attacker. The key intent behind digital forensics is to recover objective evidence of a criminal activity.
The market for global digital forensics has been segmented by different branch and end user. As per branch the market has been bifurcated into mobile device forensics, database forensics, computer forensics, network forensics and forensic data analysis. Whereas by end user, the market has been segmented into government and private.
The market has also been geographically segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. In 2014, North America held the lion's share in the global digital forensics market followed by Europe accounting for around 32% market share. Technological penetration along with the increasing security concerns among banking, and defense sectors in the region has propelled the growth of the market. Further country such as United Kingdom, Germany and France has further accelerated the growth of the market.
Asia Pacific digital forensics market is expected to experience significant growth over the coming years and is expected to dominate the market by the end of 2020 owing to high rate of internet penetration leading to surge in the internet-related crimes and misuse of government and corporate IT assets costing huge losses thereby driving the market growth.
Some of the companies mentioned in the report are Invitrogen, Evestigate, Accessdata, Forensicon, H-11 DFS, Stroz Friedberg LLC, CCL Group Ltd and Guardian Digital Forensics.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global digital forensics market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the digital forensics market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Rising security concerns across industries
5.2.2 Rising in cloud computing forensics, data protection and security
5.2.3 Rise in insider attacks
5.3.1 Lack of skilled personnel
5.3.2 Increasing level of encryption in mobile devices
5.4.1 Transformation in forensic tools
6. Technology Overview
6.1 Technology Snapshot
6.2 Ongoing Developments
7. Global Digital Forensics Market Segmentation (Size, Trends and Forecast)
7.1 By Components
7.2 By Branch
7.2.1 Mobile Device Forensics
7.2.2 Database Forensics
7.2.3 Computer Forensics
7.2.4 Network Forensics
7.2.5 Cloud Forensics
7.3 By Forensic Tools
7.3.3 Review and Reporting
7.3.4 Data Analysis
7.4 By Service
7.4.1 Digital Investigation and Consulting Services
7.4.2 Training and Certification
7.4.3 Support and Maintenance
7.5 By Verticals
7.5.1 Telecommunications and IT
7.5.4 Life Sciences and Healthcare
7.5.7 Transportation and Logistics
7.6 By Geography
7.6.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
7.6.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 South Korea
7.6.4 Latin America
7.6.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials and Recent Developments)
8.2 Guidance Software Inc.
8.3 FireEye Inc.
8.4 Digital Detective Group Inc.
8.5 Logrhythm Inc.
8.6 Oxygen Forensics Inc.
8.7 UBIC Inc.
8.8 Stroz Friedberg LLC
8.9 Secureworks Inc.
8.10 Paraben Corporation
9. Vendor Market Share Analysis
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers & Acquistions
10.2 Investment Outlook
11. Future of Global Digital Forensics Market