The European market for social media analytics was valued at USD 631.73 million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 2036.02 million by the end of 2021, at a CAGR of 21.51% over the five-year forecasted period. Europe social media has a penetration of about 40% on average and close to 300 million active social media users. In some countries, such as Iceland, the penetration is close to 70%. The companies in this region have taken note of this and almost 30% of the enterprises used social media in 2013 for a variety of reasons ranging from building their image and marketing their products. Social media analytics helps these companies analyze and capture the online market.
Social media has become an essential part of people. Governments, businesses and consultants depend entirely on social media for enhancing customer experience. They interact with the consumers to promote their policies and products as well as facilitate different business transactions. These interactions leave traces of data, which can be analyzed to provide better services to customers as well as get preferences for particular products and services.
In the earlier days, brands participated or interacted with their customers online actively but totally ignored the information that resulted from the same. Now, most of the brands are capitalizing on the benefits of the social media data received by tracking the user behavior and interaction online.
The social media analytics can monitor user behavior on many intricate levels apart from simply analyzing the number of likes, shares or comments on the brand's social media pages. There are tools, now available, that can provide summaries of the same and more.
Social media analytics market is still on the path of becoming one of the most important measurement tools to run a business or execute any brand campaign. Many enterprises are yet to discover its true potential. With huge chunk of social media content exploding every second, social media analytics may become one of the most important tools for companies to make strategies and implement short term plans.
The market for European social media analytics has been segmented into different type of deployment and end-user industry. On the basis of the type of deployment, the market is bifurcated into on-premise and on-demand models. Whereas, as per end-user industry, the market has been segmented into retail, banking, manufacturing, communications, travel and transport, professional services, energy, healthcare, government, entertainment and media and others.
Previously, banks were the dominant players in the European social media analytics market and is estimated to dominate throughout the period. Due to bad services provided, banks are extensively using social media analytics to become more attuned to customer expectations and deliver better customer experiences to the people.
The European market has also been geographically segmented into different regions as the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and others.
Some of the vendors of social media analytics solutions present in the market are IBM, SAS, Oracle, mBlast, Salesforce, GoodData and Adobe.
Adopting different analytical solutions, penetration of social media, and proliferation of smartphones are some of the factors driving the growth of the market as most of the people are now increasingly accessing social media content on the devices.
However, lack of awareness of the various capabilities of the social media analytics tools and the unstructured nature of the data generated by conducting social media analytics are the biggest challenges of the social media analytics market. One must know what data to analyze in order to get favorable results for the growth of the brands or businesses. Accessing few online user details could also be an issue given the various security concerns of the social media users. The authenticity of the data obtained could also be questioned and could not be relied upon entirely.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe social media analytics, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the social media analytics on a country scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Exponential growth in number of social media users
4.2.2 Growing focus on customer satisfaction
4.2.3 Increasing Adoption of Analytics Solutions
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Growing volumes of Unstructured data
4.3.2 Complex social media workflow analytics and Lack of Awareness
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's five forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining power of Buyers/consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.5.4 Threat substitute products and services
4.5.5 Intensity of competitive rivalry
5. Europe Social media Analytics Market - Segmentation by components
5.1 Social Media Monitoring
5.2 Social Media Analytics - Measurement
5.3 Analytics & Insights
6. Europe Social media Analytics Market - Segmentation by mode of deployment
6.1 On-demand deployment model
6.2 On-premise deployment model
7. Europe Social Media Analytics Market - Segmented by End-user Industry
7.1 Banking & Financial services
7.2 IT & Telecommunications
7.4 Life sciences
7.5 Government Services
7.6 Media & Entertainment
7.8 Transportation & Logistics
8. Europe Social Media Analytics Market - Segmented by Region
8.2 United States
9. Competitive Landscape- Vendor Market Share
10. Key Vendor Profiles
10.4 Clarabridge Inc.
10.6 Crimson Hexagon Inc.
10.7 Adobe Systems incorporated
10.8 Oracle Corporation
10.10 Simply Measured
10.11 Netbase solutions, Inc.
10.12 SAP SE
11. Future Trends in Europe social media Analytics Market