The global PLC market, by units, is anticipated to reach USD 42.95 million by 2020 from the estimated value of USD 26.51 million in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 10.13% during 2015-2020. PLCs are employed to control industrial equipment and processes. While they can control system components used throughout SCADA and DCS systems, they are often the primary components in smaller control system configurations; used for providing regulatory control to discrete processes, such as automobile assembly lines and power plant soot blower controls.
Machine downtime is one of the major factors that affects the manufacturing efficiency in any industry. An increased need to reduce machine downtime and industry automation are the key factors driving the growth of the PLC market. Industries have now realized the reliability and long-term profits that can be achieved by using automated systems. Conversely, rising prices of PLC systems and lack of skilled personnel are expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
The global programmable logic controller market is segmented by product type (hardware, software, and services), application (chemical & petrochemical, automotive, paper & pulp, Water & waste water treatment, energy & utilities, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, food, tobacco and beverages and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America). Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period, followed by the Middle East & Africa. The PLC in oil & gas extraction market is currently dominated by the North American market; however, there has been a gradual shift towards the developing nations of the world, like India, where a plethora of green field energy projects is being commissioned.
The report provides a detailed study of the Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in this market have been quantified using the internal parameters governing each of them. The report also considers key trends that impact the industry and profiles of leading companies in the market, which include â€“
- ABB Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Rockwell Automation
- Siemens AG, General Electric
- Honeywell International
- Omron Corporation
- Bosch Rexroth
- Allen Bradley
- Emerson Electric Co.
What the report offers
- Market definition for PLC along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global programmable logic controller market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the programmable logic controller market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
1.5 Executive Summary
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Increased Need to Reduce Machine Downtime
3.2.2 Increased Adoption of Automaton Systems
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 Rising Prices of PLC Systems and The Need for Skilled Personnel
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Competitors
4. Global Programmable logic controller(PLC) Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Chemical & Petrochemical
4.2.3 Paper & Pulp
4.2.4 Water & Waste Water Treatment
4.2.5 Energy & Utilities
4.2.6 Oil & Gas
4.2.8 Food, Tobacco and Beverages
5. Global Programmable Logic Controller Market - Segmented by Region
5.1 North America
5.1.1 United States
5.3.4 South Korea
5.4 Latin America
5.5 The Middle East and Africa
5.5.2 Saudi Arabia
6. Competitive Landscape - Company Profiles
6.1 ABB Ltd.
6.2 Mitsubishi Electric corporation
6.3 Schneider Electric
6.4 Rockwell Automation
6.5 Siemens AG
6.6 General Electric
6.7 Honeywell International
6.8 Omron Corporation
6.10 Bosch Rexroth
6.11 Allen Bradley
6.12 Emerson Electric Co.
7. Investment Analysis - Mergers & Acquisitions, Alliances and Others
8. Future Of Global PLC Market