While the customer base is set to increase as the users come to the end of their card renewal cycle, concerns over the security of information that can be read through the contactless cards and the limit of payments that can be made in a single transaction are set to hinder the growth to some extent. However, the companies providing this service and the government are actively monitoring the situation on the maximum amount permissible per transaction by revising the cap in a timely manner to encourage contactless payments.
There have been international standards like ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 14443 that provided guidelines for the distance permissible for accepting the cards to the materials, encryption, authentication schemes etc. Smart Card Alliance is an association of firms working on making this technology accessible and gaining popularity as a preferred payment mode.
Contactless payment terminals can be segmented on the basis of technology, by payment mode, by devices, by application, and by region. Some of the key players mentioned in the report are:
- Castles Technologies
- ID Tech
- Micros (Oracle)
- Radiant (NCR)
- Revel Systems
What the report offers
- Market definition for contactless payment terminals along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global contactless payment terminals market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global contactless payment terminals Market on the global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.4 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics and Overview
4.2.1 Reduction in queuing time and quicker checkout times
4.2.2 Convenience and ease for small value transactions
4.3.1 Cap on the transactional limit
4.3.2 Security concerns over the data transmitted through contactless cards
4.4.1 Increasing interest in cashless payments by mobile devices and wearables
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porters' 5 forces analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat from new entrants
4.5.4 Threat from substitute products
4.5.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
4.6 Industry Policies
5. Global Contactless Payment Terminals Market Products Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
5.1 Global Market - Segmented by technology
5.1.4 Carrier-based mobile
5.2 Global Market - Segmented by payment modes
5.2.1 Account based
5.2.2 Traditional credit/debit card
5.2.3 Stored value
5.3 Global Market - Segmented by devices
5.3.1 Credit/debit cards
5.3.2 Smart devices
5.4 Global Market - Segmented by industry
5.5 Global Market - Segmented by Region
5.5.1 North America
5.5.3 Asia Pacific
5.5.4 Middle-East & Africa
5.5.5 Latin America
5.5.6 Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
5.5.12 Micros (Oracle)
5.5.14 Castles Technologies
5.5.15 ID Tech
5.5.19 Revel Systems
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
8. Future of Contactless Payment Terminals Market