The Europe pipeline security market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% in the forecast period 2016 â€“ 2021 with many vendors working towards providing advanced as well as traditional security solutions.
To deal with rising security threats in the form of terrorist attacks, sabotage, illegal tapping, and cyber-attacks, governments across the world are working towards formulating and implementing strategies to keep the pipelines safe from these threats. Consequently, it is essential for organizations to deploy comprehensive solutions maintaining the requirements of the government compliance, policies and regulations. Manual inspection or presence of armed guards is not a solution for pipelines running in thousands of kilometers as most of the pipeline network is buried underground.
Advanced technologies and solutions like SCADA, aqua-based systems, DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing), unmanned aerial vehicles, and video surveillance have become a necessity to secure the pipelines.
The Europe pipeline security market is segmented based on the following criteria: products (natural gas, crude oil, hazardous liquid pipelines/chemicals, water and others), technology and solutions (unmanned aerial systems, perimeter security/intruder detection, electro-optic systems, ground sensors, PIG location monitoring, sub-aqua systems, video surveillance, control systems and others) and countries (the United Kingdom, Russia, Norway and others).
The market study has listed a few major market players and their growth strategies & market shares. The key global market players include Alstom, ABB, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Siemens, Thales Group, GE, Bae Systems, Esri, Huawei, Sightlogix, Skywave, Future Fibre Technologies and Senstar.
The Europe pipeline security market is majorly driven by increased spending by oil and gas companies for reliable protected networks. Increased demand for natural gas and the upgradation of refineries, drilling sites are further fuelling the market growth. The rise in pipeline constructions from the Middle East and Eastern Europe towards Western Europe due to the rapid rise in energy demand in Western Europe hugely contributes to the market growth in Europe. Political tensions among European countries and Russia is one among other important determinant factors for market growth in Europe.
Distributed site locations is a key market restraint since the implementation of an integrated security solution involves a lot of complications with the scattered network locations. High implementation and maintenance costs are another factor hindering the market growth
Key deliverables of the study
- Market definition of Europe pipeline security market along with market drivers and restraints.
- Market segmentation and the corresponding market share analysis.
- Country-specific competitive market analysis of pipeline security.
- Analysis on the key factors which influence the market scenario along with the growth opportunities.
- Identifying the market leaders and analyzing their strategic moves and their market share.
- Covers the market landscape with the geographical footprint, key growth strategies and competitive market share analysis.
- This report provides in-depth analysis for the Porter's five forces of the market. All these five major factors in the market have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increased Spending of Oil and Gas Companies
4.2.2 Increased Demand for Natural Gas
4.2.3 Rising Pipeline Constructions
4.2.4 Political Instability
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Scattered Facilities
4.3.2 High Implementation and Maintenance costs
4.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Customers
4.5.3 Threat from Substitute Products
4.5.4 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.6 Technology Snapshot
5. Europe Pipeline Security Market - Segmented by Products
5.1 Natural Gas
5.2 Crude Oil
5.3 Hazardous Liquid Pipelines/Chemicals
6. Europe Pipeline Security Market - Segmented by Technology and Solutions
6.1 Unmanned Aerial Systems
6.2 Perimeter Security/Intruder Detection
6.3 Electro-Optic Systems
6.4 Ground Sensors
6.5 PIG Location Monitoring
6.6 Sub-aqua Systems
6.7 Video Surveillance
6.8 Control Systems
7. Europe Pipeline Security Market - Segmented by Geography
7.1 United Kingdom
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Key Market Players
9.3 Schneider Electric
9.6 Thales Group
9.8 Bae Systems
9.13 Future Fibre Technologies
10. Investment Analysis
11. Future of Pipeline Security in Europe