Objectives of the Presentation:
- Who/What is a Co-Employer? What is co-Employment Liability?
- What areas/issues are impacted by Co-Employment?
- NLRB and Joint Employment (Franchisor toward Franchisee's employees)
- - Understand what the employment law is now and what's at stake for corporate liability and your compliance if the standard changes
- - See why this National Labor Relations Board franchise law debate is such a big deal and how it could turn the franchise business model upside down
- - Get tips on how to prepare for any employers liability changes and ensure corporate liability compliance to protect your franchise business from huge fines and fees
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Joint Employment
- Wage and Hour Issues and Joint Employment
- Pre-Employment Screening and Joint Employment
- ADA/ADAAA and Joint Employment
- Workers' Comp and Joint Employment
- Worker's Safety and Joint Employment
- Immigration Law and Joint Employment
- FMLA and Joint Employment
- The Affordable Care Act and Joint Employment
- Joint Employment cases
- Newly enacted law in California regarding joint employment
Why Should you Attend:
The National Labor Relations Board, the U.S. and state Departments of Labor and a number of other agencies have been broadening the definition of the term "joint employment" to include companies that previously did not have to concern themselves with this issue. As a result, many well-intentioned employers are finding themselves making significant pay-outs that can be avoided, or at least minimized with a little bit of proactive, preventative planning. This webinar will help you understand when and how you might be a joint employer, your responsibilities and what steps you can take to better protect yourself.
Janette Levey Frisch,
The EmpLAWyerologist Firm/Attorney
Janette is an attorney with more than 20 years legal experience. Janette is the founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm. Janette works with employers on most employment law issues, acting as the Employer's Legal Wellness Professional - to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. Janette authors the firm's weekly blog and has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review, @Law, and Chief Legal Officer.
Janette has also spoken and trained on topics, such as Criminal Background Checks in the Hiring Process, Joint Employment, Severance Arrangements, Pre-Employment Screening among many, many others. Janette is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, Janette serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits. Janette is also a contributor to the recently released book, "Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition", published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska.
- Franchisors and franchisees
- CEO's, CFO's
- HR Directors and VP's
- HR practitioners
- In-House Counsel
- PEO executives
- Those who contract with staffing companies and PEO's