Supply â€“ Demand Scenario
The global paper packaging market was USD 214 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 304 billion by 2021 growing at a CAGR of 6%. Of the paper packaging market, paperboard is estimated to be the fastest growing market with a forecasted growth rate of 7.4% during the period 2016 - 2021. Moreover, it also leads the market having a share of 35% making it the point of focus for the suppliers. Paper packaging has the highest market share of the total packaging market. Added to this, the demand for paper packaging will continue to witness growth over the forecast period.
Growth by Region
APAC leads the market with a share of 31% and is expected to be the fastest growing market as well. Developing economies like India and China will drive the market for paper packaging segment with applications across industries like healthcare, personal care, homecare, retail and others.
Drivers V/S Constraints
Some of the market drivers and constraints of paper packaging market include
- Consumer conscious on sustainable packaging
- Consumer preference
- Raw material availability
Industry Trends and Updates
- Increasing recycling rate
- Improving logistical efficiency
With the focus now shifting towards eco-friendly and sustainability, paper packaging is expected to gain traction with many countries pushing for paper packaging products over plastic packaging, which poses a significant threat to the environment. Higher recycling demand will push the use of paper as packaging material further, with consumers and businesses looking for solutions which helps in cost reduction as well as helps in keeping the environment safe while keeping government regulations intact.
Some of the major companies mentioned in the report are Tetra Laval, International Paper Company, Rengo, MeadWestvaco Corporation, Graphic Packaging International Corporation, Sappi Limited, DS Smith, Amcor, Mondi Group, Oji Paper, Smurfit Kappa and Metsa group.
What is there in the report?
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges it faces and the opportunities in the current market scenario.
- A complete market segmentation has been done on the basis of different packaging and product types along with detailed analysis for the next five years.
- Complete market breakdown has been done for different regions like North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa as well as the country level segmentation to give a detailed picture of the homecare packaging market.
- The report also gives information of major vendors on paper packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
6. Market Segmentation and Forecasts
6.1 Paper Packaging Market by Products
6.1.2 Container board
6.1.3 Corrugated board
6.2 Paper Packaging Market by Industry Verticals
6.2.1 Food and Beverage
6.2.2 Personal Care
6.2.3 Home Care
6.3 Paper Packaging Market by Region
6.3.1 North America
7. Global Vendor Market Share
8. Competition Analysis - Company Profiles
8.1 Tetra Laval
8.2 International Paper Company
8.4 MeadWestvaco Corporation
8.5 Graphic Packaging International Corporation
8.6 Sappi Limited
8.7 DS Smith
8.9 Mondi Group
8.10 Oji Paper
8.11 Smurfit Kappa
8.12 Metsa Group
9. Investment Analysis
10. Opportunities in Paper Packaging Market
11. Future of Paper Packaging Market