The global tobacco packaging market estimated at USD 14.16 billion in 2015 is projected to rise at a CAGR of 3.5% to reach USD 16.82 billion by 2020. Tobacco packaging find applications in various types of tobacco products like cigarettes, cigars, bidis, dissolvable tobacco, smokeless tobacco, shishas or water pipes. Cigarettes are the most widely used product.
The industry is driven by increasing worldwide population, a rise in per capita income, and stressful lifestyles, especially in urban areas. The past few years have seen a bump in the number of young people taking up smoking. Better equality laws for women has resulted in a new market of women smokers, which is driving the sales further. However, the market is constrained by increased public awareness about the health hazards of smoking like mouth and lung cancer and stringent laws on cigarettes packaging.
The industry is segmented on the basis of technology used (hot â€“ foil stamping, rotogravure and offset printing). By type, the primary packaging market holds a significant share. Further segmentation is based on packaging material (paper box packaging, film packaging etc.).
Europe continues to be the biggest market for production and packaging of tobacco, with Germany and France leading the way. The Asia-Pacific market is growing at a high rate and is expected to overtake Europe, driven mainly by China, which is the biggest producer and consumer of tobacco in the world. Growth in the Middle-East region is also expected because of the traditional culture of smoking sheesha.
Key Market Players
Analysis indicates that over 75% of the market resides in the hands of a few select companies including:
- China National Tobacco Corporation
- Philip Morris International
- British American Tobacco
- Japan Tobacco International
- Imperial Tobacco
- Altria Group
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis of the global tobacco packaging market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global tobacco packaging market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
1.3 Market Constraints
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary ( Market Shares as of 2016)
3.2 Overall Market Shares (Current)
3.3 Future Predictions
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Size and Forecast
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces of Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5.2.1 Increasing Population and Per-Capita Incomes
5.2.2 Increased Smoking Among Youth
5.2.3 Rise in Number of Women Smokers
5.3.1 Increased Awareness about Health Hazards of Smoking
5.3.2 Increasing Stringent Cigarette Packaging Regulations
5.4 By Technology
5.4.1 Hot Foil Stamping
5.4.3 Offset Printing
5.5 By Material
5.5.1 Paper Box Packaging
5.5.2 Film Packaging
5.6 By Type
5.6.1 Primary Packaging
5.6.2 Bulk Packaging
5.7 By Geography
5.7.1 North America
5.7.4 Latin America
5.7.5 Africa and Middle East
6. Vendor Market Share
7. Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
7.1 China National Tobacco Corporation
7.2 Philip Morris International
7.3 British American Tobacco
7.4 Japan Tobacco International
7.5 Imperial Tobacco
7.7 Altria Group
8. Future of Global Tobacco PackagingMarket