The global skin packaging market estimated at USD 7.61 billion in 2015 is projected to reach USD 9.52 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 4.58% over the forecast period. The rising health awareness of consumers, adoption of new government regulations on packaging material development and the primary concern of increasing shelf life of the products have propelled the steady growth of the global skin packaging market.
Skin packaging has the advantage of identifying any tampering done to packaged goods, which has a very high priority in a world where health and safety have the highest precedence. The most influential drivers for the global skin packaging market are its reduced size of packaging, cost effectiveness, and its versatility to be used in a wide range of applications. However, the lack of recyclability of the packaging material is limiting the steady growth of the market.
The skin packaging market has been segmented by base material (plastic films, paperboard & others); by type (carded-skin coating & non-carded skin coating); by heat seal coating (water-based, solvent- based & others); and by applications (food, consumer products & others).
Regionally, North America and Europe have the highest market share as compared to the other regions, but with the current changes in the Asia-Pacific regulations, regarding waste disposal and the increase in adoption of ready-to-eat food, following western trends shows huge potential for the market.
Key Market Players
The report considers key trends that shall impact the industry and profiles of leading companies with majority market share in the global skin market. Some of the top companies mentioned in this report are:
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Berry Plastics Group Inc.
- Bemis Company Inc.
- West Rock Company
- LINPAC Packaging Limited
- Mondini SPA
- Display Pack Inc.
- Clondalkin Group Holdings B.V.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Market definition for global skin packaging market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global skin packaging market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global skin packaging market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Market Scope
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Global Skin Packaging Market Segmentation - By Base Material
5.1 Plastic Film
5.1.2 Polyethylene Tetraphthate
5.1.3 Poly Vinyl Chloride
6. Global Skin Packaging Market Segmentation - By Type
6.1 Carded Type
6.2 Non-Carded Type
7. Global Skin Packaging Market Segmentation - By Heat Seal Coating
7.1 Water Based
7.2 Solvent Based
8. Global Skin Packaging Market Segmentation - By Geography
8.1 North America
8.4 Middle East & Africa
8.5 Latin America
9. Global Skin Packaging Market Segmentation - By Applications
9.1.1 Meat & Seafood
9.2 Consumer Products
9.2.1 Plastic Goods
9.2.2 Electrical Equipment
10. Key Vendor Profiles
10.1 Sealed Air Corporation
10.2 Berry Plastics Group Inc.
10.3 Bemis Company Inc.
10.4 West Rock Company
10.5 LINPAC Packaging Limited
10.6 Mondini SPA
10.7 Display Pack Inc.
10.8 Clondalkin Group Holdings B.V.
10.9 The Dow Chemical Company
10. Competitve Landscape
10.1 Analysis of Development Trends
10.2 Marketing Channels
11. Future Outlook for Investment Opportunity