The Asia-Pacific flexible packaging market is expected to grow from USD 26.51 billion in 2016 to USD 47.32 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 10.14%. China is set to have the highest market share followed by Japan and South Korea. This growth is attributed to the steady economic growth of the region. The GDP growth for 2016 - 2017 is forecasted to be more than 5% which is helped by growth in economies, robust credit growth and good labor markets.
The high growth segments in this region are consumer durables, food and beverage industry and apparel. For all of these industries, the flexible packaging market caters and with the enormous growth in these segments, flexible packaging also grows. Changing lifestyles and the consequent dependence of consumers on processed, packaged and pre-cooked food is increasing the sales of flexible packaging. Rigid packaging in all its formats (bottles, cans, tins, glass, and plastic containers) is visibly giving way to flexible packaging due to its convenient format, light weight, superior barrier properties, prudent use of material resources and high-quality printability.
Plastic is the most widely used material in the flexible packaging industry and recent material innovations have even made plastic recyclable thus cementing its place as the leader in flexible packaging. Metallic packages have huge potential to grow but high costs have hindered its full-scale production.
The major concerns for the APAC flexible packaging market are inflation, inadequate supply chains and restrictions by the governments, uncertain consumer behavior and fierce completion from domestic retailers. These problems can be allayed by the fact that the governments in this region are opening the markets to companies from abroad. Policies are being changed by the governments to attract more investment. Also, they are implementing new projects to help the infrastructure to support the supply chain.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end-user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies. Some of the key vendors mentioned in the report are Amcor, Mondi Group, SIT Group, Wipak Group and Automated Packaging Systems. Some other companies which are serving the market in their own innovative way, mentioned in the report are Rollprint Packaging Products, Paharpur 3P and PERUPLAST S.A.
- Longer shelf life and changing lifestyle of people
- New innovative products
- Increasing disposable income across different geographies
- Concerns about the environment and recycling
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different flexible packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends by type of flexible packaging technology and by applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries along with the country level segmentation to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of flexible packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who is this report useful to?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know more about this market.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key deliverables of the study
1.2 Study assumptions
1.3 Key findings
1.4 Market definition
2. Research methodology
3. Executive summary
4. Market dynamics
4.2 Factors driving the market
4.3 Factors restraining the market
4.4 Current opportunities in the market
4.5 Industry value chain analysis
4.6 Porter'sfive forces analysis
4.6.1 Industry competition
4.6.2 Potential of new entrants
4.6.3 Power of suppliers
4.6.4 Power of customers
4.6.5 Threat of substitute products
4.7 Industry policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Market segmentation
6.1 By Product Type
6.1.1 Stand-up pouches
6.1.2 Flat pouches
6.1.3 Retort pouches
6.1.4 Gusseted bags
6.1.5 Wicketed Bags
6.2 By Printing Technology
6.3 By Packaging Material
6.3.2 Flexible foams
6.3.3 Paper products
6.3.4 Metallic packaging
6.3.5 Cloth packaging
6.4 By End-User Industry
6.4.5 Personal care
6.4.6 Household care
6.5 By country
7. Vendor market share analysis
8. Competitive intelligence- Company profiles
8.2 Mondi Group
8.3 SIT Group
8.4 Wipak Group
8.5 Automated Packaging Systems
8.6 Fres-co System USA
8.7 Glenroy Inc.
8.8 Innovia Films
8.9 OxySense, Inc.
8.10 Phoenix Closures
8.11 Printpack, Inc.
8.12 Belmark, Inc.
8.13 JL Packaging Corporation
8.14 Oracle Packaging
8.15 Prolamina Corporation
8.16 The Challengers
8.16.1 Rollprint Packaging Products, Inc.
8.16.2 Paharpur 3P
8.16.3 PERUPLAST S.A.
8.16.4 CL&D Graphics, Inc.
8.16.5 Clear Lam Packaging, Inc.
9. Investment analysis
9.1 Recent mergers and acquisitions
9.2 Investment outlook
10. Future of flexible packaging