The North America active and intelligent packaging market is estimated to grow from USD 6.35 billion in 2016 to USD 9.34 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 6.65%. The United States leads the market with almost 85% of the market share and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.57%.
North American active and intelligent packaging market is witnessing a remarkable growth. Increasing demand for these packaging products because of changing lifestyles and demand from manufacturers for longer shelf life is driving this market growth. Government's strict regulations regarding food packaging and safety standards are other such factors which are contributing to the market growth.
Food packaging has no longer just a passive role in protecting and marketing a food product. New concepts of active and intelligent packaging play an increasingly important role by offering innovative solutions to extend the shelf-life or maintain, improve or monitor food quality and safety. Active packaging allows packages to interact with food and the environment and play a dynamic role in food preservation.
Packaging can play a very important role in tackling the issue of counterfeiting, the advent of intelligent packing with the integration of technologies like radio frequency identification tags and near field communication devices has enabled manufacturing firms to keep track of their shipments and prevent any attempts to sabotage or counterfeit the products.
The major concerns with this market are that the economy is still sluggish. Still, thousands of people are unemployed. USA Government foresees the growth to start by the end of 2016. The investors should not be bumped by these concerns because the investments into this region have started growing with companies from Asia-Pacific and European region looking to expand its Northern American operations.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end-user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies. Some of the vendors mentioned in the report are BASF, Amcor Limited, Landec Corporation, Bemis, Rexam Plc and Sonoco.
Changing lifestyle of people, demand for packaging solutions with longer sustainability, demand for fresh and quality food are the major drivers for the growth of this market. Further, increase in counterfeit products in developing countries has also compelled companies to use technologies like RFID during packaging.
Issues regarding the effect of packaging materials on the human body, security and privacy issues in case of intelligent packaging systems are expected to be major challenges for the market's growth over the next five years.
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different active and intelligent packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends by type of active and intelligent packaging technology and by applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by North American countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of active and intelligent packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should buy this report?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wishes to know more about this market.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Longer Shelf Life and Changing Lifestyle of People
3.2.2 Growing Demand for Fresh and Quality Foods
3.2.3 Demand for Longer and Sustainable Packaging Products
3.2.4 Counterfeit Products in Developing Countries is Driving Intelligent Packaging Market
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 Issues with the Packaging Material Effect on Human Body
3.3.2 Security and Privacy Issues in Case of Intelligent Packaging Systems
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter'sFive Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot
4.2 Industry Applications
4.3 Different Types of Active Packaging Available in Market
4.3.1 Pure Absorbers
4.3.2 Oxygen Scavengers
4.3.3 Microwave Susceptors
4.3.4 Moisture/Humidity Absorbers
4.3.5 Odor Absorbers/Emmiters
4.3.6 Anti-Microbiological Packaging
4.4 Different Types of Intelligent Packaging Available in Market
4.4.1 Shelf Life Sensing
4.4.2 Temperature Indicators
5. North American Active and Intelligent Packaging Market Forecast, Trends and Share by Applications
5.2 Frozen Food
5.2.1 Market Share and Forecast
5.2.2 Analyst View
5.3 Packaged Foods
5.3.1 Market Share and Forecast
5.3.2 Analyst View
5.4 Dairy Products
5.4.1 Market Share and Forecast
5.4.2 Analyst View
5.5.1 Market Share and Forecast
5.5.2 Analyst View
6. North American Active Packaging Market Forecast, Trends and Share by Technology Type
6.1 Pure Absorbers
6.1.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.2 Oxygen Scavengers
6.2.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.3 Microwave Susceptors
6.3.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.4 Moisture/Humidity Absorbers
6.4.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.5 Odor Absorbers/Emmiters
6.5.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.6 Anti-Microbiological Packaging
6.6.1 Market Share and Forecast
6.7.1 Market Share and Forecast
7. North American Intelligent Packaging Market Forecast, Trends and Share by Technology Type
7.1 Shelf Life Sensing
7.1.1 Market Share and Forecast
7.2 Temperature Indicators
7.2.1 Market Share and Forecast
7.3.1 Market Share and Forecast
7.4.1 Market Share and Forecast
8. North America Active and Intelligent Packaging Market Forecast, Trends and Share by Country
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Analyst View
9. Active Packaging Vendor Market Share
10. Intelligent Packaging Vendor Market Share
11. Company Profiles of Active and Intelligent Packaging Vendors
11.1 BASF SE
11.1.2 Major Products and Services
11.1.4 Recent Developments
11.2 Amcor Limited
11.2.2 Major Products and Services
11.2.4 Recent Developments
11.3.2 Major Products and Services
11.3.4 Recent Developments
11.4 Landec Corporation
11.4.2 Major Products and Services
11.4.4 Recent Developments
11.5 Bemis Company, Inc.
11.5.2 Major Products and Services
11.5.4 Recent Developments
11.6 Crown Holdings
11.6.2 Major Products and Services
11.6.4 Recent Developments
11.7 Rexam Plc
11.7.2 Major Products and Services
11.7.4 Recent Developments
11.8.2 Major Products and Services
11.8.4 Recent Developments
11.9 Graphic Packaging
11.9.2 Major Products and Services
11.9.4 Recent Developments
11.10 Timestrip UK Ltd
11.10.2 Major Products and Services
11.10.4 Recent Developments
11.11 VIP Packaging
11.11.2 Major Products and Services
11.11.4 Recent Developments
11.12 Intelligent Packaging Solutions Ltd.
11.12.2 Major Products and Services
11.12.4 Recent Developments
11.13 Desiccare, Inc.
11.13.2 Major Products and Services
11.13.4 Recent Developments
11.14 Freshpoint Holdings
11.14.2 Major Products and Services
11.14.4 Recent Developments
11.15 MeadWestvaco Corporation
11.15.2 Major Products and Services
11.15.4 Recent Developments
12. Investment Analysis
12.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
12.2 Investor Outlook
13. Future of North America Active and Intelligent Packaging Market
14. List of Figures
15. List of Tables
17. Works Cited