The global anti-counterfeit packaging market estimated at USD 81.16 billion in 2015 is expected to reach USD 152.08 billion by 2020, at a projected CAGR of 13.38% over the forecast period. Counterfeiting does not pose a problem in isolation, but combined with tampering (using spiked goods), duplication (copying labels), substitution (placing inferior goods), returns and warranty frauds, causes brand theft.
The market is driven by laws and regulations enforced by governments around the world on packaging norms. Decentralization of the supply chain reduces manufacturer's control on the final product and opens possibilities of counterfeiting. The increasing focus of the manufacturers on brand protection, advancements in track and trace technology, and lack of criminal sanctions drive market growth. The market is constrained by the high cost of track and trace technology.
The market is segmented on the basis of technology (RFID's, packaging designs, security labels, printing and graphics, holograms and mass encoding); usage type (overt, covert, forensic marking, tamper evidence, track, and trace technologies); industry vertical (food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, personal care and cosmetic industry and others).
Regionally, North America continues to be the biggest market for the anti-counterfeit packaging market, followed by Europe. Analyses indicate high-growth in the Asia-Pacific region, driven by economic development in China and India.
Key Market Players
Companies in the anti-counterfeit packaging market studied in this report include:
- Alien Technology
- Flint Group
- Savi Technology
- Impinj Inc.
- Authentix Inc.
- CCl Industries
- Zebra Technologies
- Inksure Technologies
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global anti-counterfeit packaging market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global anti-counterfeit packaging market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
1.3 Market Constraints
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary ( Market Shares as of 2016)
3.2 Overall Market Shares (Current)
3.3 Future Predictions
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Size and Forecast
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces of Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Decentralization of Industry has Reduced Manufacturer's Control over Supply Chain
5.2.2 Advancement of Track & Trace Technologies
5.2.3 Lack of Criminal Sanctions Promoting Counterfeiting
5.2.4 Governments Investing in Anti-Counterfeit Measures
5.2.5 Lack of Aid Between Stakeholders
5.3.1 High Cost of Track and Trace Infrastructure
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Technology
22.214.171.124 Active Tags
126.96.36.199 Passive Tags
188.8.131.52 Semi-Active Tags
6.1.3 Security Labels
6.1.4 Printing and Graphics
6.1.6 Mass Encoding
184.108.40.206 Barcode Applications
6.2 By Application/Industry
6.2.1Food & Beverage
6.2.3 Personal Care and Cosmetic Industry
6.3 By Usage
6.3.4 Tamper Evidence
6.3.5 Track and Trace Technologies
220.127.116.11 Serialization Track and Trace
18.104.22.168 Identification Systems
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 New Zealand
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Africa and Middle East
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
7. Vendor Market Share
8. Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
8.2 Alien technology
8.3 Flint Group
8.4 Savi Technology
8.5 Impinj Inc.
8.6 Authentix Inc.
8.7 CCL Industries
8.8 Zebra Technologies
8.9 Inksure Technologies
9. Future of Global Anti-Counterfeit PackagingMarket