Inertial system equipment includes gyroscopes, accelerometers, inertial measurement units, inertial navigation systems and multi-axis sensors. It is an independent system used to measure the angular and linear motion with a troika of accelerometers and troika of gyroscopes. The global inertial measurement unit market is estimated to be at USD 2.54 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to reach USD 3.92 billion by the end of 2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.06% over the forecast period.
The report delves into the impact of the rise of unmanned vehicles: aerial, land and water based, and on the use of inertial sensors. The unprecedented rise in unmanned vehicles across various applications in both civilian and defense applications has increased the need for complex navigational systems that includes inertial sensors. The rapid advancement in technology has made sensors both accessible and affordable which has made their use abundant in day-to-day devices.
The global inertial measurement unit market has been broadly segmented into different components (gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer and others) and applications (commercial, defense, marine, industrial and others).
Defense industry takes the major share of the market with applications like missile guidance, control and targeting, precision guided munitions, tank turret stabilization and torpedo guidance. The other primary industries where these systems are highly in demand are industrial manufacturing, energy and infrastructure, transportation and aviation.
The market has also been geographically segmented into North America (the United States, Canada and other), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India and others) and rest of the world.
In 2015, North America held the largest market share of 41.26% in the overall revenue of the global market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Rising demand for commercial aircraft, rapid advancement in the MEMs technology and huge inflow of investments in the region by the federal government has fuelled the growth of the market in the region.
However, North America and Europe held the major share in the global inertial measurement unit market, Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period. New entrants from the emerging economies like India and China in the MEMs segment along with increasing concentration towards the manufacturing of advanced technology has fuelled the growth of the market.
Some of the vendors mentioned in the report are Robert Bosch GmbH, Trimble Navigation, L3 Communications, Rockwell Collins Inc., Northrop Grumman Corp. and Thales Group.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global inertial measurement units market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the inertial measurement unit market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Key Findings
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Applications of Inertial Measurement Units Market
3.3 Factors Driving the Market
3.3.1 The Rapid Rise of Unmanned Vehicles in Both Defense and Civilian Applications
3.3.2 Technological Advancement Enabling More Effective Components at a Smaller and Lighter Size
3.3.3 Increasing Applications Based on Motion Sensing
3.4 Factors Restraining the Market
3.4.1 Integration Drift Error is a Major Concern in Navigation Systems
3.4.2 Substantial Increase in Computing Complexity
3.4.3 Complex Nature of Integration in Existing Systems and Need for Ancillary Components
3.5 Current Opportunities in the Market
3.6 Technology Snapshot
3.7 Porter'sFive Forces
3.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.7.4 Threat of Substitute Component and Services
3.7.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Inertial Measurement Units Market Breakdown by Component - Market Share, Forecast
4.1.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
4.2.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
4.3.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
4.4.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
5. Inertial Measurement Units Market Breakdown by Application - Market Share, Forecast
5.1.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
5.2.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
5.3.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
5.4.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
5.5.2 Market Share, Size and Forecast
6. Inertial Measurement Units Market by Geography
6.1 North America
6.1.2 United States
6.2.3 United Kingdom
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 Rest of the World
7. Vendor Market Share by Inertial Measurement Units Market
8. Company Profiles of Inertial Measurement Units Market
8.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
8.3 Systron Donner
8.4 Trimble Navigation
8.5 Lord Microstain
8.6 Vectornav Technologies
8.7 Systron Donner Inertial
8.8 L3 Communications
8.11 Northrop Grumman Corp.
8.12 APDM Inc.
8.13 Rockwell Collins Inc.
8.14 Thales Group
9. Market Landscape
9.1 Competition Analysis
9.3 Geographical Footprint
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Investor Outlook
11. Future Outlook of Inertial Measurement Units Market