The global production of plastic containers in 2016 was 50.1 MMT and is estimated to reach 67.9 MMT by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2%. While in terms of revenue, the market is USD 273.15 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 388.35 billion in 2021 growing at a CAGR of 6%.
Increasing consumer preference towards plastic packaging products as it is lighter than glass and metal along with the growing environmental concerns worldwide and formulation of strict regulations for use of plastic for packaging products will further expect to fuel the market growth. However, rising raw material prices along with the economic slowdowns in some of the regions has hindered the growth of the market.
The global plastic bottles/containers market is segmented on the basis of raw material and verticals. On the basis of raw materials, the market has been segmented into PET, PP, HDPE and LDPE. Whereas, by verticals the market has been bifurcated into beverages, food, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, industry and transport, household chemicals and others.
There is an increasing demand for PET bottles in soft drink and bottled water markets. Factors like low carbon footprint, demographics are driving the PET bottles industry. Cosmetics industry which majorly uses glass as a packaging material is slowly being substituted by PET bottles. In addition, plastic bottles and containers will realize growth with demand for unit dose packaging in pharmaceutical packaging, which is a high growth end-market for plastic packaging.
Food and beverages industry constitutes approximately half of the global plastic bottles usage. Beverages industry leads the market in the developed regions like North America and Europe, with a market share of 42% in 2014. While on the other hand, in the emerging regions pharmaceutical industry had a share of 22% and FMCG accounted for 30%, during the same period. End-user industries like healthcare and bottled water are augmenting the usage of plastics and thus driving the demand in fast-growth markets in Asia and other emerging regions.
The market has also been geographically segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others) and Middle East and Africa (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and others).
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region over the five-year forecasted period. Strict regulations, increasing demand in the end-user industry and the growing demographics favoring cost-effective solutions are some of the factors augmenting the growth of the market.
Some of the companies mentioned in the report are Amcor, Plastipak Packaging, International Packaging, Alpack, Alpha Packaging, Constar International, Ontario Plastic Container, Container Corporation of Canada, Graham Packaging, Berry Plastics, Rexam, Bericap and Cospack.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global plastic bottles/containers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global plastic bottles/containers market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Key Findings
1.4 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Factors driving the market
4.3 Factors restraining the market
4.4 Current opportunities in the market
4.5 Industry value chain analysis
4.6 Porter'sfive forces analysis
4.6.1 Industry competition
4.6.2 Potential of new entrants
4.6.3 Power of suppliers
4.6.4 Power of customers
4.6.5 Threat of substitute products
4.7 Industry policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Raw Materials
6.1.1 Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
6.1.2 Poly Propylene (PP)
6.1.3 Low Density Poly Ethylene (LDPE)
6.1.4 High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE)
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.5 Personal care
6.2.6 Household care
6.3 By geography
6.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States of America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
7. Vendor market share analysis
8. Competitive intelligence- Company profiles
8.1 Amcor Ltd.
8.2 Cospack America Corp.
8.3 Bericap GmbH und Co KG
8.4 Rexam, Inc.
8.5 Berry Plastics Corporation
8.6 Graham Packaging Company
8.7 Container Corporation of Canada
8.8 Ontario Plastic Container Producers Ltd.
8.9 Constar Internationals, Inc.
8.10 Alpha Packaging
8.11 Alpack Plastics
8.12 International Packaging Corp.
8.13 Plastipak Holdings, Inc
9. Investment analysis
9.1 Recent mergers and acquisitions
9.2 Investment outlook
10. Future of Plastic Bottles/Containers