The global production of glass containers in 2016 was 48.64 MMT and is estimated to reach 59.27 MMT by 2021, at a CAGR of 3.35%, while in terms of revenue, the market was worth USD 48.30 billion in 2014 and is projected to reach USD 61 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 4%.
APAC region leads the market with a market share of 34% in 2016 while, on the other hand, Europe had a share of 29% during the same period. Added to this, the estimated growth rate in glass bottle end use industry i.e., beer industry in India, will further boost the sales and increase market share in the APAC region. From end-use industries side, alcoholic beverages lead the usage of glass containers with a market share of 50%. Glass bottles are preferred over plastic bottles because of its chemical inertness towards the alcohol and thus, can be substituted.
Glass container industry is undergoing tremendous innovative changes in order to be more sustainable and customer preferable. As such, light weighting of glass bottles has become a focal point in the industry and as a result, glass bottles have become light by 50% as compared to three years. Light weighting aids in decreasing the logistics costs and thus, manufacturers of glass containers are more focusing on the same.
- Downstream demand
- Light weight
- Increase in raw material prices
What the report offers
- Market definition for the global glass bottles/containers market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis for the global glass bottles/containers market, with region-specific assessments.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global glass bottles/containers market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of The Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing Downstream Demand
5.1.2 Inclination of Growth Towards Light Weight
5.2.1 Increasing Raw Material Prices
5.3.1 Growth in Emerging Countries
6. Global Glass Bottles/Containers Market Segmentation
6.1 By Color
6.2 By Vertical
6.2.1 Alcoholic Beverages
6.2.2 Non-Alcoholic Beverages
6.3 By Region
6.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Vendor Market Share
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 OWEN ILLINOIS
8.2 CENTRAL GLASS
8.3 BA VIDRO
8.5 ARDAGH GROUP
8.6 AGI GLASPAC
8.9 CONSOL GLASS
8.10 FRIGO GLASS
8.14 CARIB GLASS
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
10. Future of Glass Bottles/Containers Market