The market is estimated to increase from USD 85.5 billion in 2016 to USD 140.65 billion by 2021 with a CAGR of 8.65%. Europe is the leading market for flexible packaging with the United Kingdom and Germany being the major markets in the region. Asia-Pacific and Latin America regions are the fastest growing regions for flexible packaging market due to the increase in expendable income in these countries.
This escalation is developing the need to analyze, review, and to forecast the growth of the flexible packaging market. The key determining factors of packaging are varying consumer trends, the weight of the products, different sizes, shelf life and ease of recycling. Flexible packaging helps in addressing these concerns and that is why it is being widely adopted for several products across different industries.
The research published on flexible packaging covers different packaging materials such as plastics, flexible foams, paper, metallic packaging and cloth packaging. It also covers the market by end-user industry such as food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, personal care, household care, retail, manufacturing and agriculture.
Longer product shelf life, changing lifestyle of people, increasing disposable income across different regions and new innovative products are the major drivers for the high growth of the flexible packaging market.
Concern about the effects of flexible packages has increased government regulations regarding the recycling of these materials. This will be a major challenge for the growth of the market as companies struggle to cope with these regulations.
The study elucidates the situation of flexible packaging market and shows its application in the end-user products such as snacks, processed fish, meat and eggs, bakery, meals, pet food, fruits, vegetable and others along with accurate market metrics. The study clarifies that currently the flexible packaging applications market size is the highest for processed fish, meat and eggs followed by meals, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.43 % from 2016 to 2021.
Lastly, the report is divided by geography - North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Latin America and the Middle East & Africa; wherein the market share of each region is analyzed and estimates are provided for the next five years. The various applications of flexible packaging have been discussed in detail in addition to a comprehensive overview of the market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global flexible packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global flexible packaging market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key deliverables of the study
1.2 Study assumptions
1.3 Key findings
1.4 Market definition
2. Research methodology
3. Executive summary
4. Market dynamics
4.2 Factors driving the market
4.3 Factors restraining the market
4.4 Current opportunities in the market
4.5 Industry value chain analysis
4.6 Porter'sfive forces analysis
4.6.1 Industry competition
4.6.2 Potential of new entrants
4.6.3 Power of suppliers
4.6.4 Power of customers
4.6.5 Threat of substitute products
4.7 Industry policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Market segmentation
6.1 By Product Type
6.1.1 Stand-up pouches
6.1.2 Flat pouches
6.1.3 Retort pouches
6.1.4 Gusseted bags
6.1.5 Wicketed Bags
6.2 By Printing Technology
6.3 By Packaging Material
6.3.2 Flexible foams
6.3.3 Paper products
6.3.4 Metallic packaging
6.3.5 Cloth packaging
6.4 By End-User Industry
6.4.5 Personal care
6.4.6 Household care
6.5 By geography
6.5.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States of America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 South Africa
7. Vendor market share analysis
8. Competitive intelligence- Company profiles
8.2 Mondi Group
8.3 SIT Group
8.4 Wipak Group
8.5 Automated Packaging Systems
8.6 Fres-co System USA
8.7 Glenroy Inc.
8.8 Innovia Films
8.9 OxySense, Inc.
8.10 Phoenix Closures
8.11 Printpack, Inc.
8.12 Belmark, Inc.
8.13 JL Packaging Corporation
8.14 Oracle Packaging
8.15 Prolamina Corporation
8.16 The Challengers
8.16.1 Rollprint Packaging Products, Inc.
8.16.2 Paharpur 3P
8.16.3 PERUPLAST S.A.
8.16.4 CL&D Graphics, Inc.
8.16.5 Clear Lam Packaging, Inc.
9. Investment analysis
9.1 Recent mergers and acquisitions
9.2 Investment outlook
10. Future of flexible packaging