North America, home to many of the leading semiconductor manufacturers, is a big market for Automated Test Equipment (ATE). The semiconductor industry is one of the main drivers of the North American economy and also caters to the North American defense sector. In fact, most of the innovation that we see today is somehow related to the innovation created to cater Defense or Aerospace industry. Automated test equipment is a very crucial machine for semiconductor industry. Growth in the semiconductor industry, which has shown improvement in the past year, will drive the growth in ATE market. US will hold the largest market share and will see a steady growth, as efforts to improve the market conditions by organizations like Semiconductor Industry Organization (SIA) are proving beneficial.
ATE are computer-controlled and they test electronic devices for its functionality and performance. It uses control hardware, various types of sensors and software to perform, record and analyze the Device Under Test (DUT). Tests that these equipment conducts can be both very complex (such as wafer testing for semiconductor device fabrication or for integrated circuits) and simple (such as volt-ohm meters or a digital multimeter that measure resistance and voltage) based on the automated test equipment.
The report analyzes the market based on the type of test equipment segregated by the end-user industry. Detailed market shares are given and forecasts for the period 2016 - 2021 for each region are estimated. The major companies in the market like Teradyne, LTX-Credence, Advantest, Aeroflex, Advint, Cal-Bay Systems, SPEA, Rohde & Schwarz GmbH, among others are studied and their strategies are analyzed. Recent developments and their impact on the market are also analyzed.
- Growth in sales of consumer electronics
- Need for effective testing methods
- New technologies being developed which requires testing before final use
- Depends heavily on semiconductor industry which is cyclic
- High costs associated with testing
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America automated test equipment market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America automated test equipment market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growth in Sales of Consumer Electronics
4.2.2 Need for Effective Testing Methods
4.2.3 New Technologies Being Developed Which Requires Testing Before Final Use
4.3.1 Depends Heavily on Semiconductor Industry Which is Cyclic
4.3.2 High Costs Associated with Testing
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Types of Automated Test Equipment
5.3 Ongoing Developments
6. Automated Test Equipment Market by Type of Test Equipment
6.1 Memory Automated
6.1.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.1.2 Analyst View
6.2 Non-Memory Automated
6.2.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.2.2 Analyst View
6.3 Discrete Automated
6.3.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.3.2 Analyst View
7. North America Automated Test Equipment Market by Country
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1.2 Major Products and Services
8.1.4 Recent Developments
8.2.2 Major Products and Services
8.2.4 Recent Developments
8.3.2 Major Products and Services
8.3.4 Recent Developments
8.4.2 Major Products and Services
8.4.4 Recent Developments
8.5.2 Major Products and Services
8.5.4 Recent Developments
8.6 Agilent Technologies
8.6.2 Major Products and Services
8.6.4 Recent Developments
8.7 Cal-Bay Systems
8.7.2 Major Products and Services
8.7.4 Recent Developments
8.8 National Instruments Corporation
8.8.2 Major Products and Services
8.8.4 Recent Developments
8.9.2 Major Products and Services
8.9.4 Recent Developments
8.10 SPEA S.P.A
8.10.2 Major Products and Services
8.10.4 Recent Developments
8.11 Rohde & Schwarz GmbH
8.11.2 Major Products and Services
8.11.4 Recent Developments
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Role of Business Accelerators
9.3 Investment Outlook
10. Future of North America Automated Test Equipment Market