Global Automated Test Equipment (ATE) market is expected to reach USD 4.42 billion by 2021 from USD 3.6 billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 3.5%. The market is estimated to increase because of the increased usage of semiconductor devices in consumer products. Asia-Pacific region will be one of the fastest growing regions in future because of the huge increase in semiconductor manufacturing industry.
ATE are computer-controlled and they test electronic devices for its functionality and performance. It uses control hardware, various types of sensors and software to perform, record and analyze Device Under Test (DUT). Tests that these equipment conducts can be both very complex (such as wafer testing for semiconductor device fabrication or for integrated circuits) and simple (such as volt-ohm meters or a digital multimeter that measure resistance and voltage) based on the automated test equipment.
The report analyses the market based on the type of test equipment segregated by the end-user industry. Detailed market shares are given and forecasts for the period 2016 - 2021 for each region are estimated. The major companies in the market like Teradyne, LTX-Credence, Advantest, Aeroflex, Advint, Cal-Bay Systems, SPEA, Rohde & Schwarz GmbH, among others are studied and their strategies are analyzed. Recent developments and their impact on the market are also analyzed.
- Growth in sales of consumer electronics
- Need for effective testing methods
- New technologies being developed which requires testing before final use
- Depends heavily on semiconductor industry which is cyclic
- High costs associated with testing
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global automated test equipment market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global automated test equipment market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growth in Sales of Consumer Electronics
4.2.2 Need for Effective Testing Methods
4.2.3 New Technologies Being Developed Which Requires Testing Before Final Use
4.3.1 Depends Heavily on Semiconductor Industry Which is Cyclic
4.3.2 High Costs Associated with Testing
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Types of Automated Test Equipment
5.3 Ongoing Developments
6. Automated Test Equipment Market by Type of Test Equipment
6.1 Memory Automated
6.1.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.1.2 Analyst View
6.2 Non-Memory Automated
6.2.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.2.2 Analyst View
6.3 Discrete Automated
6.3.1 Market Size and Forecast
6.3.2 Analyst View
7. Automated Test Equipment Market by End-User Industry
7.1 Consumer Electronics
7.1.2 Market Size and Forecast
7.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
7.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
7.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
7.5.2 Market Size and Forecast
7.6.2 Market Size and Forecast
8. Automated Test Equipment Market by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Analyst View
8.2.3 South Korea
8.2.6 Analyst View
8.3.1 United Kingdom
8.3.5 Analyst View
8.4 Rest of the World
8.4.1 Analyst View
9. Vendor Market Share
10. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10.1.2 Major Products and Services
10.1.4 Recent Developments
10.2.2 Major Products and Services
10.2.4 Recent Developments
10.3.2 Major Products and Services
10.3.4 Recent Developments
10.4.2 Major Products and Services
10.4.4 Recent Developments
10.5.2 Major Products and Services
10.5.4 Recent Developments
10.6 Agilent Technologies
10.6.2 Major Products and Services
10.6.4 Recent Developments
10.7 Cal-Bay Systems
10.7.2 Major Products and Services
10.7.4 Recent Developments
10.8 National Instruments Corporation
10.8.2 Major Products and Services
10.8.4 Recent Developments
10.9.2 Major Products and Services
10.9.4 Recent Developments
10.10 SPEA S.P.A
10.10.2 Major Products and Services
10.10.4 Recent Developments
10.11 Rohde & Schwarz GmbH
10.11.2 Major Products and Services
10.11.4 Recent Developments
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Role of Business Accelerators
11.3 Investment Outlook
12. Future of Automated Test Equipment Market
- Virginia Panel Corporation (Mass-interconnect manufacturer)
- MAC Panel Company (Mass-Interconnect solutions)
- Xcerra Corporation
- National Instruments
- SPEA S.p.A
- Advantest Corporation
- Star Technologies
- Aeroflex, Inc.
- Astronics Corporation
- Roos Instruments, Inc.
- Chroma ATE, Inc.