The Asia-Pacific package testing market is estimated to grow from USD 4.78 billion in 2016 to USD 12.36 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 17.16%. Drop tests and shelf life tests take the major share of the market.
Packaging plays a significant part in the assurance of the quality and integrity of the product inside. It not only affects the product but also manifests itself in the end-product in which the product is used. Governments across the world are implementing rigorous guidelines to ensure the quality of the products. Testing is an integral part of these guidelines which makes it one of the core drivers of this market.
The costs associated with packaging is a major constraint to the APAC testing market because of the cost sensitive nature of the customers. Testing, however, has considerable benefits like reduced damages to ensure a satisfactory customer experience resulting in increased goodwill. This helps the company in building its brand reputation and also reduces costs due to damages in the long run.
The most important test in food and pharmaceuticals is the shelf life test because of the delicate nature of the products and their vulnerability on exposure to atmospheric conditions. With shifting emphasis on the use of ecologically friendly materials in packaging, this becomes a priority as their endurance to atmospheric conditions might not match that of their traditional counterparts.
Other tests include drop test, shock test, vibration test and compression test. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies.
Some of the major companies in package testing are DDL, Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, CRYOPAK, Advance Packaging, Nefab, National Technical Systems, Turner Packaging and Caskadetek.
- Rigorous control regulations and administration and qualification demand
- Demand for longer shelf life of the products under varying conditions
- High costs associated with package testing
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, and overview of different packaging testing technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of the type of package testing technology.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major enterprises providing package testing services, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major testing services, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should be interested in this report?
- Vendors who are into testing of different packaging products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Manufacturers in need of better understanding of different testing methods and companies which are providing such services.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Rigorous Control Regulations and Administration and Qualification Demands
3.2.2 Demand for Longer Shelf Life of the Products Under Varying Conditions
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 High Costs Associated with Package Testing
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter'sFive Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
3.6 Industry Policies
3.6.1 ASTM Standards
3.6.2 ISO Standards
3.6.3 ISTA Standards
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot
4.2 Industry Applications
4.3 Types of Package Testing Services
4.3.1 Package Integrity Testing
4.3.2 Package Strength Testing
4.3.3 Package Shelf Life Studies
4.3.4 Package Validation
4.4 Types of Package Testing
4.4.1 Drop Tests
4.4.2 Vibration Tests
4.4.3 Shock Tests
4.4.4 Temperature Testing
4.4.5 Atmospheric Pressure Testing
4.4.6 Shelf Life Testing
4.4.7 Compression Testing
5. Asia-Pacific Package Testing Market by Primary Materials
5.1.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.2.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.3.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.4.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6. Asia-Pacific Package Testing Market by Type
6.1 Drop Tests
6.1.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.1.2 Analyst View
6.2 Vibration Tests
6.2.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.2.2 Analyst View
6.3 Shock Tests
6.3.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.3.2 Analyst View
6.4 Temperature Testing
6.4.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.4.2 Analyst View
6.5 Atmospheric Pressure Testing
6.5.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.5.2 Analyst View
6.6 Shelf Life Testing
6.6.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.6.2 Analyst View
6.7 Compression Testing
6.7.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.7.2 Analyst View
6.8.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.8.2 Analyst View
7. Asia-Pacific Package Testing Market Segmentation by Country
7.1.1 Market Shares and Trends
7.1.2 Analyst View
8. Vendor Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 DDL, Inc.
9.1.2 Major Packaging Services
9.1.4 Recent Developments
9.2.2 Major Packaging Services
9.2.4 Recent Developments
9.3.2 Major Packaging Services
9.3.4 Recent Developments
9.4 CSZ Testing Services Laboratories
9.4.2 Major Packaging Services
9.4.4 Recent Developments
9.5.2 Major Packaging Services
9.5.4 Recent Developments
9.6 Advance Packaging
9.6.2 Major Packaging Services
9.6.4 Recent Developments
9.7.2 Major Packaging Services
9.7.4 Recent Developments
9.8 National Technical Systems
9.8.2 Major Packaging Services
9.8.4 Recent Developments
9.9 Turner Packaging
9.9.2 Major Packaging Services
9.9.4 Recent Developments
9.10.2 Major Packaging Services
9.10.4 Recent Developments
10. Future of Asia-Pacific Package Testing Market
11. List of Figures
12. List of Tables
14. Works Cited