Safety programmable logic controllers have dual microprocessors and circuits for synchronous detection and constant monitoring of Flash and RAM. The standard PLC inputs have no means of testing the functionality of their input circuits, while programmable safety controllers actually do.
The global safety programmable logic controllers market is estimated to be worth USD 4.99 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.90% during the forecast period to reach USD 8.52 billion by 2021. Need for functional flexibility, demand for safe equipment, industry safety standards and cost effective systems are some key factors driving the growth of the market.
The global safety programmable logic controllers market is broadly segmented on the basis of types, end-users and geography. On the basis of types, the safety programmable controllers market has been segmented into modular, compact and others. On the basis of its end-users, its applications could be explained under segments such as automotive, energy and power, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, food and beverages, oil & gas and others.
Some of the market players mentioned in the report are Rockwell Automation, ASTRE Engineering, Siemens, ABB, SICK Group, Schneider Electric and more.
- Need for functional flexibility
- Industry safety standards
- Demand for safe equipment
- Cost-effective systems
- Need for simplified configuration
- Complexity of standards
- Training costs
- Stocking costs
- Maintenance costs
- Lack of availability
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the global safety programmable controllers market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global safety programmable controllers market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat From New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat From Substitute Products
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
3.4 Industry Policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Need for Functional Flexibility
4.2.2 Industry Safety Standards
4.2.3 Demand for Safe Equipment
4.2.4 Cost Effective Systems
4.2.5 Need for Simplified Configuration
4.3.1 Complexity of Standards
4.3.2 Training Costs
4.3.3 Stocking Costs
4.3.4 Maintenance Costs
4.3.5 Lack of Availability
4.4.1 Technological Advancements
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Safety Programmable Logic Controllers Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
6.1 Global Market - Segmented By Types
6.2 Global Market - Segmented By End-Users
6.2.2 Energy & Power
6.2.6 Food & Beverages
6.2.7 Oil & Gas
6.3 Global Market - Segmented By Region
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. Global Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Rockwell Automation
8.3 ASTRE Engineering
8.6 SICK Group
8.7 Mistubishi Electric
8.8 Schneider Electric
8.10 Omron Industrial Automation
8.11 Leuze electronic
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
10. Future of Global Safety Programmable Logic Controllers Market