The global green packaging market is estimated at USD 212.1 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 274.15 billion by the end of 2021 which is growing at a CAGR of 5.27%. Asia-Pacific is leading the market with 37% share in 2016 followed by North America and Europe. Recycled content holds the major share of 92% in 2016, whereas degradable packaging market is growing at the highest rate.
Increasing environmental concern is one of the major factors fueling the demand for the worldwide green packaging market. Owing to this factor, considerable efforts are being made for reduction of toxic waste emissions. Green package results in very less toxic emission and causes less pollution in the form of landfills. Consequently, there is an increasing demand for green packaging to keep the environment clean and pollution-free. Moreover, an increasing number of government's are taking initiatives for a cleaner environment and thus have formulated strict regulations. Manufacturers are now under pressure to use eco-friendly material in packaging and adopt methods that have less adverse impact on the environment.
The global green packaging market is segmented on the basis of type: recyclable (paper, plastic, metal and glass), reusable (drums, plastic containers), degradable and regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, rest of the world) with further country-wise segmentation. The market is also segmented on the basis of industry verticals such as FMCG, hospital, manufacturing, agriculture, fashion and apparels, electronics & appliances, automotive and others. This report also describes a detailed study of the Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and key profiles of leading suppliers of global green packaging market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are Tetra Pak, Amcor, Mondi Group, Imex Packaging, McNichols Co., Rohrer Corporation, Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Bayer Material Science, Berkley International Packaging, EarthFirst Brand Films, GreenBlue and Others.
- Growing conscientious population
- Stringent government regulations
- Lack of supply of bio-plastics and related materials
- Higher costs
What the report offers
- Market definition for the global green packaging market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global green packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the green packaging market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key deliverables of the study
1.2 Study assumptions
1.3 Key findings
1.4 Market definition
2. Research methodology
3. Executive summary
4. Market dynamics
4.2 Factors driving the market
4.3 Factors restraining the market
4.4 Current opportunities in the market
4.5 Industry value chain analysis
4.6 Porter'sfive forces analysis
4.6.1 Industry competition
4.6.2 Potential of new entrants
4.6.3 Power of suppliers
4.6.4 Power of customers
4.6.5 Threat of substitute products
4.7 Industry policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Market segmentation
6.1 By Product type
126.96.36.199 Bulk bins and Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs)
188.8.131.52 Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs)
184.108.40.206 Tanks and Drums
220.127.116.11 Synthetic bio-degradable packaging
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.1 Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
6.2.5 Fashion and Apparels
6.2.6 Electronics and Appliances
6.3 By geography
6.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States of America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 South Africa
7. Vendor market share analysis
8. Competitive intelligence- Company profiles
8.1 Amcor Ltd.
8.2 AB Tetra Pack
8.3 Rohrer Corporation
8.4 McNichols Company
8.5 IMEX Packaging
8.6 Mondi Plc
8.7 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
8.9 Berkeley Packaging International
8.10 Earth First Brand Films
9. Investment analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investment outlook
10. Future of Green Packaging