The European pharmaceutical packaging market is estimated to grow from USD 18.73 billion in 2016 to USD 28.33 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 7.14%. Germany has the largest market share followed by the United Kingdom and Spain.
The pharmaceutical industry is seeing an exponential growth. With the changing lifestyle and more and more people being diagnosed with various diseases and increased spending on healthcare by the government of different countries world over, pharmaceutical has become a multi-billion dollar industry. Pharmaceutical manufacturers must follow stringent requirements to protect consumer safety and environmental regulations. Increasing cost pressures on pharmaceutical manufacturers is forcing them to pass on this cost on to packaging companies which have become one of the driving forces of pharmaceutical packaging market. The rise in self-medication and over the counter products is also contributing to the growth of this industry.
This growth in the pharmaceutical market has spurred the growth in the pharmaceutical packaging. Packaging is the key part of the pharmaceutical market because it helps with keeping the drugs safe from contamination and damage.
The pharmaceutical packaging market is evolving; the introduction of innovative techniques like Blow-Fill-Seal technology and the increasing need for anti-counterfeiting technologies are changing the market drastically. The increasing globalization has resulted in the setting up of manufacturing plants all across the world thereby changing the raw materials used and lengthening the supply chains.
Europe is currently second, behind North America with more than a third of the global market. Although the emergence of China and other Asia-Pacific nations is a threat, the increasing need for faster production and enhanced shelf appeal are driving the market ahead. Some concerns to this market are the stringent regulations to pharmaceutical packaging by the governments across Europe, environmental concerns regarding the use of plastics and the rising costs of raw materials used.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end-user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies. Some of the major vendors are Amcor, CCL Industries, Intrapac, Rexam Plc and Schott AG.
- Growing pressure on pharma companies to cut costs
- Steps being taken against counterfeit products
- Rigorous control regulations and administration and qualification demand
- Growth in over-the-counter market
- Environmental concerns and recycling issues
- Increasing raw material costs
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different pharmaceutical packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of the type of pharmaceutical packaging technology.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of pharmaceutical packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should be interested in this report?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth in Pharmaceutical industries in Emerging economies
4.2.2 Growing demand for drug delivery devices & Blister packaging market
4.2.3 Contribution of Nano-technology in the growth of Europe Pharmaceutical packaging
4.2.4 Growth in over-the-counter market
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increaing Packaging costs
4.3.2 Stricter health regulatory compliance standards, Environmental concerns
4.4 Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical plastic packaging market
4.4.1 Adoption of new technologies & Packaging lines
18.104.22.168 Radio-Frequency Identification
22.214.171.124 Braille Compliance
126.96.36.199 Child resistant packaging
188.8.131.52 Others(Smart Technologies)
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rovalry among the existing Competitors
4.7 Industry Policies
4.7.1 WHO Guidelines
4.7.2 Federal Packaging Regulations in US
4.7.3 PS 9000:2001
5. Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Industry Applications
5.3 New Innovations in Europe Pharmaceutical packaging
6. Europe Pharmaceutical packaging market Segmentation By Material
6.2 Paper & Paper Board
6.4 Aluminium Foil
7. Europe Pharmaceutical packaging market Segmentation by Types
7.2 Blister Packs
7.3 Plastic Bottles
7.6 IV Bags
7.13 Medical specialty Bags
8. Europe Pharmaceutical packaging Market Segmentation by Drug Delivery Mode
8.1 Oral Drug packaging
8.2 Pulmonary Drug Packaging
8.3 Transdermal Drug packaging market
8.4 Injectable Drug packaging
8.5 Nasal Drug Packaging
8.6 Others ( Topical Drug packaging, IV Drugs packaging, Ocular Drug Packaging)
9. Europe Pharmaceutical packaging Market Segmentation by Region
10. Competitive Intelligence and Investment Analysis
10.1 Vendor Market Share Analysis
10.2 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Amcor Ltd.
11.2 CCL Industries Inc.
11.3 Intrapac Group
11.4 Rexam PLC
11.5 Schott AG
11.6 Meadwestvaco Corporation
11.7 Nypro Inc.
11.8 Aptar group Inc.
11.9 Wihuri Group
11.10 Gerresheimer AG
11.11 Klockner Pentaplast Group
11.12 West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
11.13 Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc.
12. Future of Europe Pharmaceutical packaging market