Use of toric contact lenses held fairly steady over the past seven years and the astigmats who are wearing toric lenses exhibit above average loyalty to continued use. Learn more about the size of the population with astigmatism and their interest in toric contact lenses in this recently released report.
Specific topics included are:
- Size of the current & potential market for toric contact lenses
- Demographic and vision correction profiles of astigmats
- Former use of contact lenses among astigmats and extent to which astigmatism contributes to the decision to return to eyeglasses
- Profile of prospective contact lens wearers and differences between those with and without astigmatism
- Extent to which eyeglass wearers perceive astigmatism as prohibiting contact lens trial
- Details of toric contact lens wear and comparative analysis of the needs and habits of toric vs. SVS lens wearers
- Vision correction needs and preferences of prospective wearers diagnosed with astigmatism and implications for toric lens marketers
- Vision correction information sources and shopping behaviors among contact lens wearers and prospects with astigmatism
This report presents data specific to astigmatism and toric contact lens wear sourced from the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Studies of the U.S. Consumer Contact Lens Market. Measures pertaining to market size are based on 2015 data only. For many measures data from the past 3 years have been combined, providing more robust samples:
- 2,457- current contact lens wearers
- 1,118 - current contact lens wearers with astigmatism
- 373 - toric contact lens wearers
- 1,757 - prospective contact lens wearers with astigmatism
SUMMARY REPORT (in PowerPoint) includes KEY FINDINGS section, followed by an in-depth SUMMARY, including graphs and charts depicting survey findings.