Department stores retail market in Middle East and Africa is expected to record faster growth rate during 2015-2020 against historic period. Saudi Arabia dominates the regional market representing 33.7% of total department sales in the Middle East and Africa in 2015.
Growth in Saudi Arabia will be driven by positive economic factors and increasing mall openings in major cities, of which department stores tend to be major attractions. Traditional department stores in South Africa are facing challenges amid declining spending and increasing competition. Department stores have invested huge amounts in technology-based services to simplify the shopping process.
- Saudi Arabia will remain the largest and fastest growing market in the region. The market will record highest CAGR of 11.9%
- Share of department stores sales in total retail sales is highest in the UAE
- South African department stores are recovering slowly
- Middle East is a magnet of retail activity and attraction
- Middle East and Africa is coming out of the cultural barriers in a slow pace
Provides a comprehensive view of Middle East and Africa department stores retail landscape, including current market sizes and category forecasts to 2020; and highlights region's fastest growing markets and category groups .
Details market size and category forecasts for each region and countries, and features major retailers, key innovative retailers, and department store retail trends.
The report covers five largest retail markets in Middle East and Africa.
Reasons To Buy:
- The report provides an essential overview of Middle East and Africa department stores retail market, highlighting the largest and fastest-growing markets across the region
- Provides analysis of the latest trends, market dynamics (covering ten category groups) and key innovations in the retail space in major countries across the region
- Identify the largest and fastest-growing categories in major countries across the region
- Benefit from detailed analysis of key trends influencing the department store retail market
- Monitor the competitive landscape, with analysis of key players across the region, including market share of the retailers for the region
1. Executive Summary – Global Department Stores Retailing 2015–2020
2. Department Stores Retailing in Middle East and Africa 2015–2020 Slide
- Executive Summary – Middle East and Africa
- Department stores sales in Middle East and Africa
- Department store sales in each market
- Department stores’ share of retail sales
- Fastest growing markets in Middle East and Africa
- Top three largest and fastest growing category groups
- Largest and fastest growing category groups for department stores in Middle East and Africa
- Top five countries leading the growth of category groups
- Department stores trends in Middle East and Africa
- Major department store retailers in Middle East and Africa
- Innovative retailers in Middle East and Africa