The UK window dressings market is forecast to slow to 1.4% growth in 2016, underperforming the homewares sector, due to weakening consumer confidence, a slower housing market in H2 and economic instability following the Brexit vote, with shoppers delaying larger ticket homewares purchases, such as curtains and shutters.
- Dunelm is the dominant leader of the window dressings market, exploiting its specialist credentials to hold significant destination appeal in the category. With made to measure a key focus for the retailer, as well as remaining price competitive, we expect its share to continue to grow
- Stores remain a crucial part of the researching and browsing process, with 33.0% of blinds shoppers and 37.5% of curtains shoppers utilizing physical outlets before purchasing. Showcasing many options in stores via samples, product displays and room sets is important to help shoppers to narrow down product choices
- 46.3% of window dressings shoppers purchased the category to buy into a new look, design or fashion trend, indicating that there is a strong appetite for more stylish and fashionable window dressings, with shoppers keen to keep up with trends
Window Dressings 2016 provides expert insight into the UK window dressings market, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analyzing key trends in the market based consumer data from a survey.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following: key issues and strategies for success, market size and forecast, retailer profiles including a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares, customer data and future outlook, and consumer data including a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying window dressings products.
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by utilizing our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations
- Using our five year forecasts to 2021, understand which subcategories are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas
- Understand how the online channel can be better utilized to sell window dressings items by using our online penetration and expenditure forecasts and analysis on channels and online fulfillment