Neurotrophins, the latest volume in the Vitamins and Hormones series first published in 1943, and the longest-running serial published by Academic Press, provides up-to-date information on crystal structures and basic structural studies on neurotrophins and their receptors, neurotrophin functions, and the biological actions of neurotrophins related to clinical conditions and disease. Each volume is thoroughly reviewed and focuses on a single molecule or disease that is related to vitamins or hormones, with the topic broadly interpreted to include related substances such as transmitters, cytokines, growth factors, and others.
- Provides cutting-edge reviews concerning the molecular and cellular biology of vitamins and hormones
- Contains expertise from world-renowned contributors
- Focuses on a single molecule or disease that is related to vitamins or hormones, with the topic broadly interpreted to include related substances such as transmitters, cytokines, growth factors, and others
- Presents in-depth, current information from the molecular to clinical level
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Crystal Structures of Neurotrophin Receptors Kinase Domain 2. BDNF Propeptide: A Novel Modulator of Synaptic Plasticity 3. Zinc Interactions With Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor and Related Peptide Fragments 4. Structural Characterization of the p75 Neurotrophin Receptor: A Stranger in the TNFR Superfamily 5. Releasing Mechanism of Neurotrophic Factors via Polysialic Acid 6. Emergent Role of Coronin-1a in Neuronal Signaling 7. Neuronal Roles of the Bicaudal D Family of Motor Adaptors 8. BDNF and Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity 9. Neurotrophins in the Brain: Interaction With Alcohol Exposure During Development 10. Neurotrophins: Role in Placental Growth and Development 11. Development of Precision Small-Molecule Proneurotrophic Therapies for Neurodegenerative Diseases 12. The Role of Neurotrophins in Inflammation and Allergy 13. Neurotrophic Factors and Maternal Nutrition During Pregnancy 14. The Role of Neurotrophin Signaling in Gliomagenesis: A Focus on the p75 Neurotrophin Receptor (p75NTR/CD271) 15. Neurotrophic Factors Used to Treat Spinal Cord Injury 16. Neurotrophins and Migraine 17. BDNF During Withdrawal 18. Neurotrophin Receptors and Perineural Invasion: Analyses in Select Lineage-Unrelated Cutaneous Malignancies With a Propensity for Perineural Invasion