Patients who present with headache, orofacial pain or bruxism provide a clinical challenge to make sense of symptoms, sources, and contributing factors. There are many structures associated with problems in this region and patients may call on any of a number of health practitioners for diagnosis and treatment. It is often beyond the expertise of a single practitioner to address all facets of the problem without the assistance of colleagues.
- This book provides clinicians with the theoretical and clinical information required to appreciate the role of each discipline involved in the management of patients with headache, orofacial pain and bruxism.
- Clinicians are encouraged to use a multidisciplinary approach and to collaborate in the comprehensive management of these patients.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Section One Diagnosis
1. Headache in general practice
2. Catastrophic and sinister headache
4. Headache in childhood and adolescence
5. Headache and the upper cervical zygapophyseal joints
6. Sleep, structure, bruxism and headache
7. Temporomandibular disorders and related headache
8. Clinical features of cervicogenic and temporomandibular-related headache
9. Central nervous system processing in cervicogenic headache
10. ENT causes of orofacial pain
11. Ocular causes of headache
12. Vestibular dysfunction
13. Measurement of headache
Section two Approaches
14. Physiotherapy management of cervicogenic headache: Part 1
15. Physiotherapy management of cervicogenic headache: Part 2
16. Chiropractic approach
17. Osteopathic approach
18. Integrative medicine approach
19. Management of temporomandibular and cervical components of headache
20. Management of parafunctional activities and bruxism
21. Psychological management
22. Psychiatric management
Section Three Treatment
23. Myofascial trigger point treatment
24. Dry needling, acupuncture and laser
25. The Feldenkrais Method
26. Botox injections
Niere, Kenneth Robert Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Senior Lecturer, School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University; Principal, Auburn Spinal Therapy Centre.
Zuluaga, Maria Inez Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist; Clinician, Headache Centre of Victoria, Australia.
Oddy, Pamela Director, The WordCare Company.