While the conventional micro- hybrid technology relies on just a simple stop-start system for the engine, second generation micro-hybrid systems incorporate features such as energy regeneration and harvesting. The next generation of micro-hybrid systems has started emerging, where advanced concepts such as shutting off the engine during coasting (not just when stopped), and useful features like keeping the air conditioning running when the engine is not functioning as well as some mild levels of boost from the batteries during acceleration, are incorporated.
The market for micro-hybrid vehicles is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16% during the forecast period. Micro- hybridization has become one of the cheapest and easiest solutions for fuel-efficient passenger cars. The premium to be paid for a micro-hybrid purchase when compared to a conventional diesel engine is also quite nominal for each vehicle. A micro-hybrid vehicle costs less to operate than a conventional car, as fuel expenditure is 5-15% less than a traditional ICE vehicle. The development of high-performance lithium-ion batteries is expected to help drive the micro-hybrid vehicle market significantly in the forecast period. These vehicles generally have small batteries and motors that do not require any technical modification or requirements for battery manufacturing other than what is required for hybrid and electric vehicles.
European countries are expected to dominate the global micro-hybrid market in terms of shipment of unit sales, with a share of 45% by the end of 2020.The concerns to protect the environment and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, especially carbon dioxide, will play a major role in driving the growth of the market. The fall in the prices of fuel has had an adverse impact on the choice of fuel efficient vehicles, thereby posing some challenge to the micro-hybrid vehicle market.
The market is segmented by capacity, vehicle type, battery type and geography.
Some of the key players in the market are:
What the Report Offers
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region specific assessment and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities along with the identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technological Developments
5.3 Investment Analysis
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the industry
5.5 Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges
6. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY CAPACITY
6.1 12-V Micro-Hybrid
6.2 48-V Micro-Hybrid
7. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY VEHICLE
7.1 Passenger Cars
7.3 Heavy Vehicles
8. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY BATTERY
8.1 Lead Acid
8.2 Lithium Ion
9. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET- BY GEOGRAPHY - Regional Share and Forecasts
9.1 North America (NA)
9.1.2 United States
9.1.4 Rest of North America
9.2 Europe (EU)
9.2.7 Rest of Europe
9.3 Asia-Pacific (APAC)
9.3.6 South Korea
9.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Rest of the World
9.4.2 South Africa
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Latest Products & developments of key players
11. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
11.2 Autonacional S.A
11.5 Fuji Motor Corp
11.9 Jaguar Land Rover
11.11 Mahindra & Mahindra
11.15 Shijiazhuang Shuanghuan Automobile Co
12. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET