This report provides valuable insights about the roles of new technologies and services in multinational networks. It is based on research into lessons that buyers learned as they evaluated, adopted or rejected a wide range of options.
Buyers undertook these evaluations as they sought innovative ways to reduce costs, access cloud services, improve application performance, improve service quality, or facilitate office deployments and relocations.
The new technologies covered include SD-WAN, hybrid WAN, QoS-enabled Internet and NNI-based links. The report also reveals the changing role of more established technologies such as WAN optimisation. By covering a wide range of technologies and services the report will save you the time needed to research them individually.
The report helps service providers with strategy development and product planning by providing hard information about how the market is changing. It explains where each technology or service could be suitable, and where it is not suitable, for meeting particular needs. Service providers can use this information to know how to respond to protect or increase revenues.
The report also helps network buyers in multinational companies by telling them where new types of solutions could be suitable, and where they are not suitable, for particular needs. It will help you to identify workable solutions, avoid the wrong choices, and fast-track strategies and procurements.
For each technology or service there is information about:
- How many customers considered them.
- How and where buyers saved money.
- Benefits found in practice.
- Customer views of where it should be used – and not used – within international networks.
- Lessons learned that suppliers and buyers generally do not reveal.
- Relevant suppliers.
- Threats to network service providers.
- Features that network service providers must offer.
- How service providers should engage with customers considering these solutions.
- How service providers can capture additional revenues from customers considering these solutions.
The report focuses on evaluations by network buyers in large multinational companies headquartered in Europe. To understand how the market is changing we consider only evaluations that represent changes to types of network technologies and services being used by each customer.
- Number of Customers Considering Each Option
- Suppliers of Adopted Solutions
- Introduction to Tables
- WAN Optimisation
- Application Acceleration
- Basic Internet VPN
- Hybrid WAN
- QoS-Enabled Internet VPN
- NNI-Based Links
- 4G/LTE and Wavelength
- Changes to Geographical Emphases
- Dimension Data
- Global Cloud Xchange
- Orange Business Services
- Vodat International