India is the sixth largest vehicle manufacturer globally after China, Unites States, Japan, Germany and South Korea with an annual production volume of 23.37 million in 2015 with a year-on-year growth rate of 8.68%. The industry is divided into four segments viz. two wheelers, passenger vehicles, three wheelers and commercial vehicles, with two wheelers being the leader in terms of production volume in 2015. India is the leader in two wheeler segment globally in terms of production volume and sales units and has overall growth rate of 9.5% between 2006 and 2014.
The market is being driven by the rising per capita income, new vehicle launches, easy financing options and government support. New launches in the passenger vehicles segment and good economic indicators along with better monsoon and expected increase in agricultural produce, has helped the passenger vehicle segment to grow despite the diesel car ban. The rising preferences for SUV and MPV is likely to drive introduction of new models.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘Assessment of the Indian Four Wheeler Auto Market 2016’ highlights key dynamics of the Indian luxury car market. The growing opportunity in the sector has been investigated along with capturing initiatives and performance of key players such as Hyundai Motor Company, Mahindra & Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Volkswagen AG, Tata Motors Limited and General Motors Company. The report contains latest industry-related opinions.
Research methodology and delivery time
The author has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key public industry sources and publications has been scanned and analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
The report is available as single-site single-user license. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 3 business days as each copy undergoes thorough quality check and is updated with the most recent information available. The dispatch time for hard copies 4 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
2. Market Segments
3. Statistics and Performance
4. Market Drivers
5. Emerging Trends
7. Make in India: Localization
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Hyundai Motor Company
8.2 Mahindra &Mahindra
8.3 Maruti Suzuki
8.4 Volkswagen AG
8.5 Tata Motors Limited
8.6 General Motors Company
10. List of Charts and Graphs
11. Research Methodology
List of Charts & Graphs
1. Total Production Of Automobiles In India (2010-16, Million tons)
2. Market share By Volume- Segment Wise Break Up (2015)
3. Automobile Domestic Sales Units (%, 2011-16)
4. Y-O-Y Sales Growth By Type (%, 2016)
5. Market Share Break Up For Passenger And Commercial Vehicles (%, 2015)
6. Passenger Vehicles Company Wise Sales Units (May 2016)
7. Passenger Cars Market Share by Player (%, May 2016)
8. Commercial Vehicles Company Wise Sales Units (Sept 2016)
9. Commercial Vehicles Market Share by Player (%, Sept 2016)
10. Auto Sales - Segmental (YTD July 2016- 17, Units)