This study estimates that the NA wearables market will become a focal point for Tier I NA carriers over the next 6 years. Smart watches will likely integrate cellular connectivity and independent smartphone-like capabilities. Other products like fit bands, Google Glass, and a wide variety of other wearables will be introduced into the market.
Excluding feature phones, of the other devices sold by wireless carriers, Mi-Fi makes up 25.0% of the segment, with home/office products and USB dongles coming in at 12.5% and 8.3% respectively. Auto Wi-Fi makes up the lowest percentage at 6.3%, but this category is expected to increase rapidly as the number of connected automobiles continues to increase.
With the wearables market set to explode over the next 6 years, wireless carriers are looking to capitalize on the opportunity by enhancing their product portfolios to include wearables. This market insight provides an analysis into the Tier I carriers’ wearables and other devices plans, pricing, and purchasing in North America.
Geographic scope: United States and Canada
Product scope: Wearables (e.g., smart watches, fit bands, smart clothing, health monitors) and other devices (connected devices which do not fall into the standard categories of smartphones, tablets, or wearables)
Carrier profiles provided: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless in the United States; and Bell Mobility, Rogers, and Telus in Canada
Key trends: Feature-rich smart watches, Low-cost fit bands, undetermined cost structure
- Executive Summary
- Research Overview
- Wearables-Tier I NA Mobile Operator Purchasing Options
- Wearables-Subsidized Pricing with Contract
- Wearables Offered by US Carriers
- Wearables Offered by Canadian Carriers
- Other Devices Offered by US Carriers
- Other Devices Offered by Canadian Carriers
- Wearables and Other Devices-Key Trends
- Sprint-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- T-Mobile-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- Verizon Wireless-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- Bell Mobility-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- Rogers-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- Telus-Full Wearables and Other Devices Lists (February 2016)
- Legal Disclaimer