If change is not implemented correctly, the results can range from inconvenient to disastrous, such as inefficiencies, duplicated efforts and lost business opportunities. Change management is the process of helping individuals and your organization transition from the current state to the desired state.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Define change and describe the dynamics of change in the business environment
- Identify the key factors that lead to resistance of change
- Describe the five steps in the change process and identify strategies to lead others through the process
- Identify ten methods for effectively enrolling others and getting them to buy in to your change efforts
- Describe the key behaviors change leaders must demonstrate
- Define the success steps in an effective change communication plan
- Use effective change agent practices to drive new processes, programs and behaviors
- Incorporate the key components of a sustainability plan for change initiatives
Companies who want to successfully lead employees through adoption of an organizational change must follow a systematic, proactive approach that incorporates four primary steps: Overcoming resistance, engaging employees, implementing change in phases and communicating the change.
Most changes in organizations fail, due in part to employee resistance, failure to adequately prepare and miscommunication. Research shows that change initiatives are nearly twice as likely to fail as a result of organizational resistance rather than technical or operational issues.
In a recent Towers Watson study, it was determined that only 25% of change management initiatives demonstrate long term success. In our dynamic business environment, HR leaders cannot afford to sink time and resources into unsuccessful change efforts.
One of the essential skills for any HR practitioner to master is the successful management of change. An HR leader, business partner or specialist may be called upon to play one or more of four primary roles in change. This webinar will provide proven methodology and tools to drive successful change for HR.
- Understanding the dynamics of change
- Identifying and anticipating resistance to change
- Describing the five steps in the change process
- Gaining buy in and collaboration for your change effort
- Key leader behaviors that drive change
- Communicate change in a manner that drives adoption
- Acting as a change agent
- Dealing with your personal reaction to change
- Build sustainability into change management efforts
Immaterial of the size of the organization, change is one of life's constants in today's business environment. Although implementing organizational change is complicated and complex, it does not have to negatively affect your company's performance. But you can minimize the disruption to your organization by beginning the planning and communication process early to build the foundation for a successful implementation. In this fast changing environment, change management skills are paramount if you wish to succeed.
Chief Talent Officer ,
Precision Talent International
Meloney Dosunmu is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on human resources, leadership and management. She has over 25 years of experience in the profession, as Global HR Director for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meloney Dosunmu has published several articles and publications on topics related to business, leadership and communication. She has spoken on leadership and various related topics at international conferences, and delivered training in Europe, APAC, South America and North America.
She is the recipient of the prestigious Women of Distinction Award from the Girl Scouts of Eastern PA for extraordinary leadership. Ms. Dosunmu has an MBA degree and a bachelor's degree in counseling. She is an adjunct instructor of Human Resources Management for DeSales University in Center Valley PA. She has been involved in Human Resources and Training & Development for over 25 years.