EpiCast Report: Psoriatic Arthritis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025

  • ID: 4027391
  • Drug Pipelines
  • 42 pages
  • GlobalData
1 of 3
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic inflammatory arthropathy that may be progressive in nature and can lead to severe joint damage and disability (Ogdie and Gelfand, 2011). The disease is considered to be rare in the general population, but PsA may affect up to 30% of persons with psoriasis (Ogdie and Gelfand, 2011; NPF, 2016). It is estimated that 85% of PsA cases are preceded by psoriasis, which can be of varying form and duration; the remaining 15% of PsA cases are diagnosed concomitantly with psoriasis or in the absence of skin disease (NPF, 2016).

In the 7MM, epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of PsA will increase from 1,044,022 cases in 2015 to 1,107,253 cases in 2025, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.61%. The US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of PsA among the 7MM throughout the forecast period, while Japan will have the least.

Epidemiologists have provided an alternate forecast that models an increased diagnosis rate, as indicated by primary research involving high prescribing physician surveys. The results of the survey suggest that the diagnosis rate of PsA is likely to improve during the forecast period, from 2015-2025. Based on the alternative forecast of diagnosed prevalent cases, and using diagnosis rates obtained through primary market research, Our epidemiologists forecast that in 2015 there were 1,044,022 diagnosed prevalent cases of PsA; this is expected to grow to 1,520,469 cases by 2025, at an AGR of 4.56%.

The report “EpiCast Report: Psoriatic Arthritis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025” provide an overview of the risk factors and global trends of NSCLC in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a base 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases. The diagnosed prevalent cases of PsA are further segmented by sex, age, type as defined by the Moll and Wright criteria (symmetric, asymmetric, distal, spondylitis, and arthritis mutilans), and by peripheral or axial joint involvement. Additionally, epidemiologists have included an alternate 10-year epidemiological forecast of the diagnosed incident cases of PsA based on primary market research, which includes an adjustment for an improving diagnosis rate over the forecast period.
READ MORE
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 3
1.1 List of Tables

1.2 List of Figures

2 Epidemiology

2.1 Disease Background

2.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities

2.3 Global Trends

2.4 Forecast Methodology

2.4.1 Sources Used

2.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods

2.4.3 Sources Not Used

2.5 Epidemiological Forecast for PsA (2015-2025)

2.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA

2.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA

2.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA

2.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence of PsA

2.5.5 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Type

2.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Joint Involvement

2.6 Alternative Forecast of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA

2.7 Discussion

2.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight

2.7.2 Limitations of the Analysis

2.7.3 Strengths of the Analysis

3 Appendix

3.1 Physicians and Specialists Included in This Report

3.2 About the Authors

3.2.1 Epidemiologists

3.2.2 Reviewers

3.2.3 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology

3.3 About

3.4 About EpiCast

1.1 List of Tables

Table 1: Risk Factors for and Comorbidities of PsA

Table 2: 7MM, Sources Used to Forecast the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA

Table 3: Sources Used to Forecast Proportion of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA by Type

Table 4: 7MM, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18 Years, Both Sexes, N, Selected Years 2015-2025

Table 5: 7MM, Age-Specific, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Both Sexes, N (Row %), 2015

Table 6: 7MM, Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18, N (Row %), 2015

Table 7: 7MM, Alternative Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18 Years, Both Sexes, N, Selected Years 2015-2025

1.2 List of Figures

Figure 1: 7MM, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18 Years, Both Sexes, N, 2015-2025

Figure 2: 7MM, Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Both Sexes, N, 2015

Figure 3: 7MM, Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18, 2015

Figure 4: 7MM, Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence Rate of PsA, Ages =18, N, 2015

Figure 5: 7MM, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA by Type, Both Sexes, Ages =18, 2015

Figure 6: 7MM, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA by Joint Involvement, Both Sexes, Ages =18, 2015

Figure 7: 7MM, Alternative Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PsA, Ages =18 Years, Both Sexes, N, Selected Years 2015-2025
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
3 of 3

Loading
LOADING...

4 of 3
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
Adroll
adroll