"Cigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria has traditionally had one of the highest rates of per capita cigarette consumption, with the duty paid rate peaking in 2008. However, the collapse of the duty paid sector since 2009 and the consequent rise in contraband reduced legitimate consumption levels dramatically. Better market controls, and in 2016 the benefit of pre-tax increase purchasing, lifted per capita consumption rates. Overall, duty paid sales amounted to over 13 billion pieces in 2016, with contraband accounting for a reduced amount of overall consumption.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
- Tax increases have had a major impact on duty paid sales in recent years, with volumes down noticeably since 2008. The profile of contraband is expected to diminish, although not significantly, and duty paid sales will continue to be under pressure, due to plans to increase excise rates again in 2017 and 2018.
- Overall, duty paid sales amounted to 13.83 billion pieces in 2016, with contraband accounting for a reduced 7% of overall consumption.
- Bulgaria has traditionally had one of the highest rates of per capita cigarette consumption, with the duty paid rate peaking in 2008.
- There has been a trend away from traditional oriental or semi-oriental blends towards American blend and Virginia cigarettes, due to changing consumer tastes and the influx of imported international brands.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Cigarette Consumption: Legal v Contraband, 2007-2016
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Duty Paid Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 5: Duty Paid Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported, % Volume, 2000-2016
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, Percentage, 2000-2016
Table 8: Bulgaria Brand Family Shares, % Volume, 2001-2014
Table 9: Trends in Taxation Rates, 2004-2016
Table 10: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, January 2017
Table 11: Retail Prices: Selected Domestic Brands, Lv per pack, 2006-2015
Table 12: Retail Prices: Selected Imported Brands, Lv per pack, 2006-2015
Table 13: Smoking population,1990-2016
Table 14: Smoking Prevalence by Age Group & Gender, % Breakdown, 2008
Table 15: Production of Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 16: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 17: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, % , 2000-2016
Table 18: Cigarette Exports, Volume Trends, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 19: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 20: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, % , 2000-2016
Table 21: Company profile: Bulgartabac Holding AD
Table 22: Company profile: KT International SA
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology