The Robotic Vacuum Cleaners: Key Trends and Growth Opportunities Up to 2021 global briefing offers a comprehensive guide to the retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. The report also identifies the leading companies/brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the competitive landscape - be it new product developments, technological innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Additionally, trade statistics and producer’s shares will answer questions on where appliances are produced and where they are being exported to, how quickly these units are moving, which companies are producing how much, and whether all categories are behaving in the same way. Collectively, this gives a complete view in both marketing and production planning strategies. Forecasts illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Major Appliances, Small Appliances.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report??
- Get a detailed picture of the Consumer Appliances market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Key findings
2. Understanding Global Vacuum Cleaners Market
- Middle East and Africa will post highest volume growth in cylinder
- Australasia the only region showing volume decline in handheld
- Stick vacuum cleaners will post highest growth in Western Europe
- Upright is most promising in North America
- Wet and dry vacuum cleaners continuously grow in Latin America
- Steam vacuum cleaners unpopular in Asia Pacific and Australasia
- Lower prices of robotic vacuum cleaners trigger growth in Asia
- Robotic vacuum cleaners - rising stars across global markets
- Summary 1 global vacuum cleaners overview
3. Factors Driving the Growth of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
- Increased female employment require ease in doing housework
- Consumers with allergies avoid exposure to allergens
- Pet owners find robotic vacuum cleaners more helpful
- Price decrease in robotic vacuum cleaners triggers growth
- Household space influences purchasing behaviour
- Recent Product Development in Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
- Connectivity an increasingly desired feature
- Navigation patterns have been improved by mapping systems
- Multifunctional features are more focused
- Robotic vacuum cleaner run times have been extended
4. Growth Opportunity Markets and Key Insights
- Developed markets drive growth in robotic vacuum cleaners
- Impact of internet retailing influences price decreases in China
- Unit price of robotic vacuum cleaners in China will continue dropping
- Diversity and affordability made Ecovacs more popular in China
- Robotic vacuum cleaners post highest growth of any type in the US
- Product technology and effective advertising are iRobot’s strengths
- Growth of hard flooring in the US opens room for multifunction type
- Connectivity is a desired feature in the US
- Robotic posts highest growth despite big price gap in Japan
- Increased female employment boosts sales of robotic devices
- Many manufacturers launch their new and first products in Japan
- Noise from robotic vacuum cleaners poses threat in Japan
- Robotic posts highest growth despite highest prices in the UK
- Pet hair robotic vacuum cleaners expected to perform well in the UK
- New entrants in the UK steal brand share from iRobot
- Robotic and stick expected to replace cylinder in Australia
- P reference for cordless function triggers growth in Australia
- Robotic vacuum cleaners in Thailand remain limited to city dwellers
- Rising numbers of single households in Thailand spur growth
5. What the Future Holds
- What does the future hold for manufacturers?
6. Report Definitions
- Data parameters and report definitions
- Product category definitions (1)
- Product category definitions (2)
Different types of vacuum cleaner are expected to grow in different regions based on various factors
Over 2016-2021, in terms of absolute volume growth, robotic vacuum cleaners are expected to grow highest in Asia Pacific driven by China due to growth in internet retailing and decrease in unit prices. Stick vacuum cleaners are expected to grow highest in Western Europe since consumers prefer light-weighted and cordless vacuum cleaners. Upright vacuum cleaners will continue to grow highest in North America due to larger household spaces and high rate of carpet usage, which suits well the strong suction power of upright vacuum cleaners.
Robotic vacuum cleaners will post lowest prices in China in the world over 2016-2021
Leading brands in China, Ecovacs and Fmart, offer various models at competitive unit prices in robotic vacuum cleaners, ranging from US$200-300, on JD.com and tmall.com, respectively. Internet retailing, in addition to intense competition, has helped lower unit prices of robotic vacuum cleaners in China.
Growth of hard flooring in the US will present opportunity for dual-function robotic vacuum cleaners
Over 2016-2021, it is expected that value sales of wooden flooring will exceed value sales of carpets. Greater durability and easier maintenance have increased consumer preference for hard surface coverings as opposed to carpets in the US market. The growth of wooden floorings will allow more growth for multifunction robotic vacuum cleaners that can mop and vacuum together.
Rising rate of female employment in Japan contributes to volume sales of robotic vacuum cleaners over 2012-2016
Over 2012-2016, the number of female employees in Japan, both full-time and part-time, increased by 3% or more than 0.6 million over 5-year period. The increased number of working women in Japan plays an influential role in the volume growth of robotic vacuum cleaners, since more female consumers have less time to clean at home.