When a small to midsized business needs to build or upgrade their IT infrastructure, the biggest choice that these organizations face is whether to build their infrastructure on-premise or to go with the public cloud. But this research shows that the best choice is to do both.
By taking a hybrid IT approach, SMBs can leverage the ease of management, faster access, and increased security that comes with on-premise, while taking advantage of the increased agility, reduced costs, and better flexibility that the cloud offers.
- The number one concern for SMBs when updating their IT infrastructure is security, data privacy, and regulatory compliance.
- The number two concern centers on the issue of getting all aspects of their IT infrastructure to scale effectively and seamlessly work together.
- 42% of SMBs list ongoing cost as a key criteria when evaluating cloud-based systems.
- SMBs with a hybrid IT approach are 6.3x more likely to see improved application performance.
- SMBs with a hybrid IT approach are twice as likely to have an improved ability to increase capacity.
- A hybrid approach pays off by making it much more likely that these businesses will see a reduction in their overall IT expenditure costs.