- The Acute Care Surgical Volume-Weighted Utilization Index reveals slight expansion in Q4 2016.
- The Index is up 11.4 points from Q3 2016.
- The increase is driven by strong rebounds in all six measured regions, and in facilities of all sizes.
- All regions report slight to moderate expansion in Q4. The west coast regions show significantly greater expansion in Q4 with both Northwest and Southwest regions rebounding from near-flat index measures in Q3.
- The goal is to provide a snapshot expansion/contraction index on acute care medical product usage.
- Responses are scored for the index according unique formula which ranks measures based on their influence on medical product usage.
- The Q4 2016 survey began fielding 1/3/2017 and closed 1/12/2017.
- The Q4 2016 survey received 120 responses. 68% of respondents also participated in the Q3 2016 survey. The Q3 2016 survey received 126 responses.
- The average number of beds for responding facilities was 131.