- The laboratory test-volume-weighted utilization index reveals slight expansion in Q4 2016.
- The index is up 9.9 points from Q3 2016.
- The increase is driven by substantially higher reported test volumes in the southeast, northcentral, and northwest regions.
- Large hospital facilities contributed most to national index increases, with a 26.1 point index jump in Q4.
- In Q4, 54% of respondents reported CBC as their top test by volume, and 27% reported metabolic.
- The goal is to provide a snapshot expansion/contraction index on laboratory medical product usage.
- Responses are scored for the index according to unique formula which ranks measures based on their influence on medical product usage.
- The Q4 survey began fielding 1/3/2017 and closed 1/12/2017
- The Q4 2016 Lab Market Pulse received 160 responses, 36% also responded in Q3. Q3 received 149 responses.
- Average bed size of hospital facilities is 149.