This is a Bundle Report consisting of 35 European Country Reports.
This report is about the automotive aftermarket in Europe. It is the bundle study about the automotive after sales market for 35 countries.
The data is based on various sources such as official statistical databases, interviews with market experts and publications.
The whole report is primarily about passenger cars.
All data is mainly from the year 2012, 2013 and 2014 unless otherwise explicitly stated.
For Hard Copy purchase/s of this report, please contact us for more information.
2. Basic information about the countries
3. Vehicle data
- Vehicles in use: passenger cars, trucks, buses
- Average age of passenger cars
- First registrations: passenger cars, trucks, buses
- Production: passenger cars, trucks, buses
- Car manufactures owned
- Franchised dealer
- Authorised repair shops
- Trade and buying groups (e.g. adi, GAUI, Temot Int., ATRI, complete profiles)
- Specialized trade and buying groups (complete profiles)
- Autocentres (e.g. A.T.U, Norauto, Feu Vert, complete profiles)
- Retail chains (e.g. Halfords, Exist, complete profiles)
- Distributors (number of outlets, total turnover, total staff)
- Small distributors
- Medium distributors
- Large distributors (plus profiles of the largest distributors)
- Specialized distributors (e.g. truck parts, tyres, glass, compl. profiles)
- Direct distributors (e.g. Würth, Berner, Förch, complete profiles)
- Rack jobber (e.g. Lekkerland, complete profiles)
- Multi-brand garages (typical independent garage)
- Engine remanufacturers
- Body and paint repair shops
- Tyre specialists
- Fast fits
- glass specialists
- Other specialists not listed above (mobile fitters, car care, air conditioning service, smart repair, etc.)
- For mechanical repairs (e.g. ad garage, Bosch Car Service, etc., complete profiles)
- For specialized repairs (e.g. Acoat Selected, First Stop, Carglass, etc., complete profiles)
- Mechanical replacement parts
- Electrics / electronics
- Body parts
- Assemblies e.g. engines and axles.
- Oil / lubricants
- Other chemicals
- Auto glass
10. Company profiles (for big distributors, chains and systems)
In order to capture the structural changes in recent years caused by the financial and economic crisis, we carry out permanently the extensive monitoring in whole European Aftermarket.
In addition we traveled in the countries for Face to Face meetings with automotive after sales experts. We visited for example the representatives of the parts industry, the parts distributors, the national automotive associations, the buying groups, the garage concepts and other opinion leaders in the national markets. Our goal was to discuss the current aftermarket situation, make a comparison with the data from the previous report, analyze data already monitored, and estimate the tendency in the aftermarket.
Subsequently, the data thus collected was compacted, evaluated and compared with our database to determine the market size per country. The market volumes for 10 product groups and for the whole market cumulative were calculated by means of the internal tools using the well-researched data from Germany and provided them with a country-specific coefficient.
We calculated this coefficient for each country. For the calculation we took into account the following national influence factors: mileage per year, GDP per capita, road conditions, age of vehicle fleet and the habits of the car drivers as well as the parts price index. Depending on the size of the influence factors we weighted them accordingly.
Finally, to eliminate the calculation error, we checked and validated by several methods the data thus obtained with data we collected by research and expert interviews.
As a first step, we checked the after sales turnover data of the authorized car dealers and repairers adjusted by the labour costs (only sold material) by the OES market share of the total volume.
In the second step we compared the calculated IAM share of total market volume with the sales data of repairers, retailers and IAM wholesale distributors adjusted by the gross margin.
In the next step, we checked the turnover data of the IAM specialists on the repair level (e.g. tires, body and paint etc.) adjusted by the labour costs and compared these with the market volume of the specific product group (market volume for tires, body parts, auto glass etc.). The result should correspond to the market share of the specific distribution channel (e.g. share of tires sold by tire specialists).
Finally, based on the proportion of labour costs, we calculated the average number of productive employees and compared these with the market data obtained by the Face to Face interviews. In order to capture the structural changes in recent years, we carry out permanently the extensive monitoring in whole European Aftermarket.
The data basis is online primary market research done in summer 2014 by interviewing important players from aftermarket industry and distribution throughout Europe. Subsequently, the data thus collected was compacted, evaluated and compared with our database to determine the market size per country. The market volumes were calculated using the well-researched data from Germany and provided them with a country-specific coefficient.
Taking into account the national influence factors:
- Average annual mileage,
- GDP per capita,
- Road conditions,
- age of vehicle fleet,
- climate index;
- the country specific coefficient was weighted accordingly.
- A.T.U EURO CAR PARTS Ltd. (ECP)
- Adolf Rahenbrock GmbH & Co. K
- APE Motors
- APM Automotive NDI - Nordisk Dæk Import A/S
- AS Sørensen og Balchen Inter Cars S. A.
- Auto glarmester Dansk Autoglas Jungent Estonia
- Auto Hrvatska Dijelovi d.o.o. Auto Kelly a.s.
- Auto Plus Bulgaria JSCo. Gumiimpex
- AUTO-PASION SHA Birner
- Autoprima Adel d.o.o.
- Autospace AGC Automotive Glass Europe
- Balti Autoosade AS
- Bardi Autó Rt.
- Baskent Oto Cam
- Brezan Automaterialen (AutoBinck)
- Conex Distribution exist.ru
- Coning d.o.o. Mikona
- Delmax d.o.o.
- Derendinger Shate-M +
- Elit Slovakia s.r.o.
- ELTREKKA UNIX AUTÓ KFT.
- Euroton d.o.o.
- F.E.A.R. Shpk
- FPS Distribution Ltd.
- FTZ Autodele & Værktøj A/S
- GMT d.o.o. Neumaticos Soledad S.L.
- Gruppo Demauto Latakko
- Handlopex S.A
- Iaponiki S.A.
- Inter Cars Lietuva
- Jur Prom
- Juta Van Heck B.V.
- KG Knutsson AB
- KG Knutsson Berner OY
- Koivunen Oy
- Kühne Automotive B.V. Dekkmann AS
- Lorch AG
- Lusilectra S.A. SC Autonet Import SRL.
- Marso Component Distributors Group
- Meca Norway A/S
- Moto-Profil Sp. z.o.o. SOFRAPA Automóveis S.A.
- OCL Brorssons Derendinger AG (SAG)
- Oto Ismail Agrosoyuz
- Panolin Mutlu-Power-Celik
- PTA Motoring Centres ELASTRAK
- Rossko GP AUTO SHOP d.o.o.
- S.L.U. Mekonomen Sweden
- SAINT-GOBAIN AUTOVER BENELUX S.A Unitrade
- Saint-Gobain Autover Stahlgruber GmbH
- Skuba Latvia ad Baltic Lithuania
- Skuba Romania
- spol. s.r.o.
- Stand Asla
- Team P.R. Reilly RHIAG Group
- Tech-co Ltd.
- Total Trade Euro 07
- Trost Auto Service Technik SE
- Vladislav Autohaus Schmidt GmbH
- Vulkal d.o.o.
- Örum Oy Ab Doyen Auto France