- The index reveals moderate expansion in Q4 2016.
- The Index is up 5.6 points from Q3 2016.
- The index expansion is driven by increases in admissions, occupancy, and acuity.
- Southcentral and Northwest were the only two regions to experience index declines of -2.9 and -0.1 respectively.
- Facilities of all sizes (measured by bed size) showed index increases.
- The goal is to provide a snapshot expansion/contraction index on extended care medical product usage.
- Responses are scored for the index according to unique formula which ranks measures based on their influence on medical product usage.
- The Q4 survey began fielding 1/3/2017 and closed 1/12/2017.
- The Q4 2016 Extended Care Market Pulse received 172 responses. 30% also responded in Q3 2016. Q3 2016 received 202 responses.
- Average bed size of responding facilities was 117.